Naples tour without Pompeii?

All of the tours that I keep reading about have a stop in Pompeii. I would like to try to find something that includes driving the Amalfi coast with stops at small towns and/or Sorrento and/or Capri. I'm more into the views and scenery of this location than the ruins. Any advice on how to achieve this? I was debating just doing Capri and Sorrento on our own - but wonder if I'll regret not driving the Amalfi coast?

Thanks!

All of the tours that I keep reading about have a stop in Pompeii. I would like to try to find something that includes driving the Amalfi coast with stops at small towns and/or Sorrento and/or Capri. I'm more into the views and scenery of this location than the ruins. Any advice on how to achieve this? I was debating just doing Capri and Sorrento on our own - but wonder if I'll regret not driving the Amalfi coast?

Thanks!

You can also go to the train station take train to Sorrento (1/2hr 3.5e) then just outside the train station pick up the Sita Bus that runs down the coast. Views are super!. Get off at the towns you want to get off at or just ride all the way down to Amalfi, kick back and then either take a different route bus back (Ravello) or catch a ferry back to Naples and do the Archaeology Museum where all the best stuff from Pompeii is located.

Not only can you, you should. After our other ports, Pompeii was a real disappointment. All the "good stuff" has been removed. Theat which is left pales to ephesus and other areas. Mariano Fiorentino [mailto:info@pleasantravel.com] provided us a wonderful day including a visit to his home and farm. He tryed to warn us about Pompeii, but we failed to listen.

Archived