Toiletries on RCCL??

I have seen some threads about certain cruise lines providing shampoo and soap... anyone know if RCCL is one of them? Just don't want to pack something we won't need. TIA.

Erica

Yes they do supply shampoo and conditioner I would recommend that you bring your own it's not the best stuff in the world considering the water is hard your hair doesn't always feel so good after.

sorry if i misspelled that or anything else on this thing. rccl does include shampoo and all of that stuff. u can also bring ur own things if it makes u feel more comfertable.:D

Bring your own stuff--unless your don't care what your hair looks like. I'm serious--the stuff they provide (even for the suites) is not the best. The shampooo is usually a shampoo/conditioner combo--not the best thing for hair in a humid climate. Be aware that the water is VERY soft--you won't need much shampoo, because the soft water makes it lather for days!!!!!

It depends on the ship and what cabin class you book. Normally, up to a standard balcony, you are going to get a wall dispenser in the shower that has one type of shampoo/body cleanser. In a JS or higher on most ships (or if you're Diamond in the C&A loyalty program) you'll get little bottles of Explorae (I think it's RCI's proprietary brand) shampoo (yellow, same as what comes out of the wall dispenser)), body wash (blue) and conditioner (white). Not very high quality stuff, IMHO.

On Liberty I noticed that the full suites got a nicer brand of stuff - it was the same as the Hyatt Regency Miami had. I used it at the Hyatt and it was quite nice, but I don't remember the brand.

I bring my own stuff.

truffles, thank you. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time thinking about this issue. You settled it -- I'm bringing my own!

And furthermore, I'm never going to stress about it again. I'm always going to bring my own. What do they weigh, like 4 ounces? Versus the risk of getting stuck with dispenser foam for a week? *shudders* It's a no-brainer!

It depends on the ship and what cabin class you book. Normally, up to a standard balcony, you are going to get a wall dispenser in the shower that has one type of shampoo/body cleanser. In a JS or higher on most ships (or if you're Diamond in the C&A loyalty program) you'll get little bottles of Explorae (I think it's RCI's proprietary brand) shampoo (yellow, same as what comes out of the wall dispenser)), body wash (blue) and conditioner (white). Not very high quality stuff, IMHO.

My experience as well, except the conditioner, never had extra conditioner even in Suites. Explorae was still combination of shampoo and conditioner (yellow). The white bottle was body lotion.

truffles, thank you. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time thinking about this issue. You settled it -- I'm bringing my own!

And furthermore, I'm never going to stress about it again. I'm always going to bring my own. What do they weigh, like 4 ounces? Versus the risk of getting stuck with dispenser foam for a week? *shudders* It's a no-brainer!

Another thing...I don't normally use conditioner at home but after washing my hair on the ship (even with MY shampoo), it is so tangled that I have to use conditioner. I think the water is soft--not hard. We have hard water at home with a lot of minerals, etc and my hair does much better at home. It's a "bad hair day" all week for me on the ship (but worth it, of course).

I think it was Sanjoseca who said that the stuff in the shower was the Explorae yellow "wash"--same as what is in the bottles. I didn't believe it at first and threatened to send some to "an independent lab" to make my point--but after talking to several stewards on several ships, the majority said it WAS the same:eek:.

Archived