Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee?

What does it mean? Has anyone ever done this? The description corresponds to that of a JS, but farther down it says you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. I was assuming I would at least get a JS with this guarantee, but don't want to give up my personally selected D2 if this is not the case. Can anyone out there explain this to me?:confused:

Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee

Deck(s): Guarantee Stateroom

Occupancy: Up to 2 guests.

Amenities: Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, private bathroom with bathtub and a sitting area. (277 sq. ft., balcony 69 sq. ft.)

With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing.

On my ship a superior oceanview is just that I was told, its a larger ocean view cabin, but not a balcony.

I was fooled too by the way it is listed in the top of the category but then noticed the price matched the superior ocean view and was told that was probably what you would get not a JS, which costs about twice as much.

It may vary by ship.

A "deluxe guarantee" is a JS or better, whereas a "balcony guarantee" would be the lowest balcony category or better. Keep in mind that some ships have cabins with obstructed views, so you could end up with one of those.

What does it mean? Has anyone ever done this? The description corresponds to that of a JS, but farther down it says you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. I was assuming I would at least get a JS with this guarantee, but don't want to give up my personally selected D2 if this is not the case. Can anyone out there explain this to me?:confused:

Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee

Deck(s): Guarantee Stateroom

Occupancy: Up to 2 guests.

Amenities: Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, private bathroom with bathtub and a sitting area. (277 sq. ft., balcony 69 sq. ft.)

With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing.

I was wondering the same thing myself.

The discription that they give you leads you to believe that it is a JS and then the lower paragraph makes it confusing.:confused:

We called RCCL last night and said it varies from ship to ship on what you actually get for a room.

We were told our inquiry for Adventure is JS or better.;)

Hoping to get a GS over a JS, but will be happy with a JS.

Bob:)

I was wondering the same thing myself.

The discription that they give you leads you to believe that it is a JS and then the lower paragraph makes it confusing.:confused:

We called RCCL last night and said it varies from ship to ship on what you actually get for a room.

We were told our inquiry for Adventure is JS or better.;)

Hoping to get a GS over a JS, but will be happy with a JS.

Vermontvoyager....where are you from in Vermont...I was born and raised in Vermont...I moved away when I was 21 in 1994 but my mother, sister and many other relatives still live there....

Katie

I finally got through to my TA who confirmed that it is a JS or better guarantee. We were really hoping the prices on the JS's for our sailing would come down to a more affordable level and with the guarantee they are only slightly more than we had originally planned on paying when we booked our D3 in April. There has been a price drop since then which allowed us to eventually switch into a nicely located deck 9 D2, but the savings ended up being less than $100 when taxes were figured in and at the lower price our TA was unable to offer pre-paid gratuities. Now we are in a JS guarantee for about $100 more than the original plan, but have gone back to pre-paid gratuities and feel that it will be well worth the few extra dollars per day to have that extra room in our cabin, the larger balcony and the "real" bathroom.:)

It does vary from ship to ship. Monarch has no standard balcony cabins, so I called RCL about this guarantee and the guy told me it would be the larger ocean view cabins, not a JS (as I was hoping). In that case it wasn't worth taking the chance on location.

It does vary from ship to ship. Monarch has no standard balcony cabins, so I called RCL about this guarantee and the guy told me it would be the larger ocean view cabins, not a JS (as I was hoping). In that case it wasn't worth taking the chance on location.

Sorry, right, I forgot about Sovereign-class. Excluding sovereign class and Empress, a deluxe should be JS+, but on those smaller ships Deluxe can mean "superior oceanview"

Vermontvoyager....where are you from in Vermont...I was born and raised in Vermont...I moved away when I was 21 in 1994 but my mother, sister and many other relatives still live there....

Katie

Hi Katie...

I live in Montpelier and have lived in Vermont for all my 47 years so far.:eek:

Sorry, right, I forgot about Sovereign-class. Excluding sovereign class and Empress, a deluxe should be JS+, but on those smaller ships Deluxe can mean "superior oceanview"

yes, I'm on Sovereign, so that is what my frame of reference was when I was told it was not a balcony. I was told it was OV, windows do not open.

I was confused, and probably still am. Much to learn.

How the heck does one go about getting a Guarantee Stateroom? Every RCCL cruise I have done that category is always marked NOT AVAILBLE. One advantage I have found with Carnival is that I can book a guarantee category and I have always been upgraded free. With RCCL I've found that I am forced to choose a cabin and the is the cabin I stay in. Not complaining because I do get to choose but it would sure be nice to get a little bump up once;)

Watching for guarantees is a bit like playing whack-a-mole. you just have to watch and hope you're looking when one pops up. :)

Is there a chance that even if it says NA on the website if you call RCCL or your TA it might be available?

How the heck does one go about getting a Guarantee Stateroom? Every RCCL cruise I have done that category is always marked NOT AVAILBLE. One advantage

I have encountered the same thing and also have wondered about that

How the heck does one go about getting a Guarantee Stateroom? Every RCCL cruise I have done that category is always marked NOT AVAILBLE. One advantage

We didn't originally want to book a guarantee because there are so many different types of balcony cabin that you could get stuck with, so we just chose our D3 when we booked and later our D2 at the price drop. But one day when I was checking back to look for another price drop (as I do just about every day!), I noticed that the "W" deluxe guarantee had opened up, so we then upgraded to that. The guarantees aren't always open for booking. You just have to keep checking the website.

They are only available on a small minority of sailings when RCI thinks it will help. Also, usually not too far ahead of sailing date. It gives them more flexibility to get the ship sold out.

Archived