noordam spa pass

nylawman

Here's the information that MercedMike (I think) shared w/everyone a few months ago.

The pricing for the Thermal Suite has varied on every cruise we have been on. It usually runs $15 to $20 for a one day pass. We love it so much that we always book the full week couples pass. On HAL recently the prices were:

• one week pass per person $99
  • one week couples pass $150
  • one week couples thermal suite and hydropool combo $250

Here's the information that MercedMike (I think) shared w/everyone a few months ago.

The pricing for the Thermal Suite has varied on every cruise we have been on. It usually runs $15 to $20 for a one day pass. We love it so much that we always book the full week couples pass. On HAL recently the prices were:

• one week pass per person $99
  • one week couples pass $150
  • one week couples thermal suite and hydropool combo $250

Do you know if you can buy a day pass and then if you like it that much on the first day, upgrade to the full week pass, getting credit for the 1 day's fee you paid?

Is there a limit to the number of weeklong passes they sell? If not, it could get crowded.

Also, do they have a "sale" on passes midweek so that you can buy the rest of the voyage for a reduced price?

Sorry Gillianrose

I really don't know the answer to your questions. If you do a search you should be able to find a lot of posts regarding this topic. I have my first cruise scheduled for this August 26th to Alaska. Hopefullly after that I can answer questions more knowledgable.

Here's a link to pictures and information regarding the spa that I saved to my favorites list the last time this question come up. It has an email address on it (again I think it's MercedMike) and maybe he can answer your questions.

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/thermal.html

Happy Cruising to All!

LOL -- I guess I am the Thermal Suite Cheerleader!;)

Do you know if you can buy a day pass and then if you like it that much on the first day, upgrade to the full week pass, getting credit for the 1 day's fee you paid?

I'm not sure about that one. I bet you could negotiate with them. I know you can get a tour of it on the first day.

Is there a limit to the number of weeklong passes they sell? If not, it could get crowded.

Supposedly there is a limit on the number of passes. I have never seen it crowded. Usually we are the only ones there, or only a couple of others. There was a small sign to please limit your time on the lounges to 20 minutes if others were waiting. It was not a problem.

Also, do they have a "sale" on passes midweek so that you can buy the rest of the voyage for a reduced price?

I haven't seen that. I think you would have to go the daily rate.

Have a GREAT cruise, and enjoy the Thermal Suite.

LOL -- I guess I am the Thermal Suite Cheerleader!;)

Supposedly there is a limit on the number of passes. I have never seen it crowded. Usually we are the only ones there, or only a couple of others. There was a small sign to please limit your time on the lounges to 20 minutes if others were waiting. It was not a problem..

Thank you. We don't have the Noordam booked, though we are on a waitlist for an Alaskan sailing. I'm going to cancel the waitlist, though, since the groups on the sailing are going to take over the public rooms and that would cause us a huge disappointment.

Yes, you can upgrade the pass to the full week. At least that was offered on the Noordam in May

I'm really confused. Spa for couple $150 for week. However the hydropool is seperate from the spa? I don't get the seperate fees.

My husband is a lover of the steam room. He is not happy when ships start charging just to use a steam room. Is the steam room on the Noordam part of the spa or the hydropool package? or is it free to use for all like on most ships?

Linda

On the Vista class ships, here is how it works:

There are hot tubs on the pool decks, free to all. There are nice showers in the locker rooms, free to all. I think there are also small steam rooms, separate for men and women, free to all.

There is the Thermal Suite, including the heated lounges, sauna, steam room, aroma room, showers and icy mists, which is co-ed.

There is the hydropool, large, bubbly and private, also co-ed.

Last time I was on board, charges were:

EITHER Thermal Suite OR hydropool, $20 per day or $99 all week per person. Couples pass per week to EITHER ONE, $150.

Couples pass per week for BOTH Thermal Suite and Hydropool, $250.

It is worth it!;)

Pricing on the Oosterdam for the Thermal Suite as of June 16th was as follows: May have changed on the Noordam as well.

$40 per person for daily pass

$150 first person for week pass

$100 for second person for week pass = $250 per couple for week pass.

Pricing on the Oosterdam for the Thermal Suite as of June 16th was as follows: May have changed on the Noordam as well.

$40 per person for daily pass

$150 first person for week pass

$100 for second person for week pass = $250 per couple for week pass.

$40 for just the thermal suite, or for the thermal suite and the hydropool?

I was provided with the option of upgrading to a week pass after trying out a day pass and having the day pass fee count off the week pass on the Noordam this May.

I am not sure that they limit the number of passes, but the times I went to the spa it was not crowded. Could vary from cruise-to-cruise though how crowded it becomes.

I was provided with the option of upgrading to a week pass after trying out a day pass and having the day pass fee count off the week pass on the Noordam this May.

That's what I would have expected them to do. Thank you for posting that is, in fact, the procedure.

I am not sure that they limit the number of passes, but the times I went to the spa it was not crowded. Could vary from cruise-to-cruise though how crowded it becomes.

Were you on a warm weather or cool weather cruise? One with few or many ports of call?

• 1 month later...

I'm confused. Are the new prices posted by dvdfreakmc for both the Thermal Suite and the H. Pool combined or are the prices for only one or the other?

We are on the Oosterdam in December, and I am trying to decide what I want to do. I would appreciate a clarification if anyone has one.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
We'll be on the Noordam in 3 weeks and the hydropool would be wonderful.

Is the hydropool area open 24hrs., or is it a limited time during the day?

Thanks!

Rae

Hydropool and Thermal Suite are open during the spa hours, normally aobut 8 AM to 8 PM.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Archived