Is Ncl Pearl As Good As Rcci

Mostly have taken RCCI and Princess. Just wondering if anyone did the Pearl and their comparisons.

Sailed the Pearl this past March and loved the ship. It definetely compares favorably with RCL's 90,000 ton ships. Decor is alot more funky and hip than say Princess ships, which IMHO can be a bit bland in overall design. Having said that, if you are looking for a more traditional ship design/decor, the Pearl definately is not it.

There is this wonderful Ultra Lounge/bowling alley that looks like in can be a hip club in NYC, LA, or Vegas; yet some cruise traditionalists called the decor tacky. I also heard someone else describe the pool deck ' as if a 9 yr old girl designed it' since it has oversized flower like lighting and lamps all over. The pool deck furniture, though, is DEFINTELY upscale - it's the new style brown-tone all weather wicker outdoor furniture. Among the loveseats and chaises are oversized bed-like loungers.

EXCELLENT spa area, which although costs money to use is worth every penny. Gym is free and open 24/7, which is rare on cruiseships.

As you know, dining is free style only, unlike Princess which has both.

I would highly reccommed the ship; again, just remember the decor is more funky/hip than traditional/elegant.

Loved the Pearl. I dont think you can go wrong with booking this ship. RCCL is my cruiseline of choice but I must say the food on Pearl blows awaything I have eaten on RCCL. I liked the pool design and the Bliss lounge with the bowling alleys is really unique. RCCL is better at checkin. NCL allows you to bring a 12 pack of beer and a bottle of wine from each port of call. RCCL of course put the hammer down on bringing anything on board including water. So those are a few differences. I would sail again either the jewel, pearl of gem no way to their older ships.

Loved the Pearl. I dont think you can go wrong with booking this ship. RCCL is my cruiseline of choice but I must say the food on Pearl blows awaything I have eaten on RCCL. I liked the pool design and the Bliss lounge with the bowling alleys is really unique. RCCL is better at checkin. NCL allows you to bring a 12 pack of beer and a bottle of wine from each port of call. RCCL of course put the hammer down on bringing anything on board including water. So those are a few differences. I would sail again either the jewel, pearl of gem no way to their older ships.

Another plus for NCL is the self service laundry facilities on the newer ships. ;)

We really enjoyed our 9 night sailing on the Pearl this past March. Their Bliss lounge is awesome! The food was really good too. We enjoyed the anytime dining. Their entertainment was pretty good too. The decorating of the Pearl is different, but that is what makes it unique. It is done in lots of bright colors!

I've only been on three cruises, two on RCI and the last one on NCL's Pearl. We only booked the Pearl because its itinerary and departure port were exactly what we wanted. From the website and brochures, the Pearl's design and decor looked cheesy and tacky. Well, that really wasn't the case at all, and we were pleasantly surprised. Sure, the ship is colorful, but with an exception or two, it was really quite beautiful. RCI is probably still my first choice, but I'm not at all sorry we booked the Pearl.

Embarkation was incredibly well done - from arrival at the curb to stepping onto the ship took approximately 20 minutes!! Our cabin was a mini suite and it was lovely, with great room stewards. The restaurants were all excellent, and we especially liked Mambo's and the Tsar's dining room. All in all, we thought the food on the Pearl was better than RCI. Contrary to what most people seem to feel, we thought Bliss Ultra Lounge was gaudy and tacky, not a lounge either of us wanted to spend much time in.

I think the Pearl compared favorably with AOS and Mariner, and I wouldn't hesitate to book her again.

I've only been on three cruises, two on RCI and the last one on NCL's Pearl. We only booked the Pearl because its itinerary and departure port were exactly what we wanted. From the website and brochures, the Pearl's design and decor looked cheesy and tacky. Well, that really wasn't the case at all, and we were pleasantly surprised. Sure, the ship is colorful, but with an exception or two, it was really quite beautiful. RCI is probably still my first choice, but I'm not at all sorry we booked the Pearl.

Embarkation was incredibly well done - from arrival at the curb to stepping onto the ship took approximately 20 minutes!! Our cabin was a mini suite and it was lovely, with great room stewards. The restaurants were all excellent, and we especially liked Mambo's and the Tsar's dining room. All in all, we thought the food on the Pearl was better than RCI. Contrary to what most people seem to feel, we thought Bliss Ultra Lounge was gaudy and tacky, not a lounge either of us wanted to spend much time in.

I think the Pearl compared favorably with AOS and Mariner, and I wouldn't hesitate to book her again.

The Gem should be just as nice. You get used to the bright colors after a few days.

Archived