What sucks about Explorer of the seas

I also wish RCCL would provide guest laundries. It's nice to go home with clean clothes. With four people the laundry service gets really expensive. I don't mind at all doing a load of clothes at night or while at the pool. Pleas don't think I'm bashing RCCL. We love their ships and are platinum members.

It's not just the cost of the laundry services, it's the timing. We use the RCCL laundry services every cruise, but if you miss your steward in the morning or the first night, you have to wait an extra day to get your clothes, or pay the supplement for "express". DH had a bag go missing, and used RCCL's services for free during the cruise, but it was still touch and go with the timing. Self-service laundry would have been a real help.

We all need a hobbey. :cool:

It's sure better than moving the kids rooms around. Our project de jour.

No ship is perfect, and no cruise is perfect. The folks that think they're prefect are the ones who can either look the other way, or turn lemons into lemonade. Lemonade tastes good!

and it's free in the Windjammer.

Runduckzoom. :p

And from room service. LOL

Actually I can't think of much that beats cruising.

And most of those things can be done while on a cruise. LOL :D

What, walk to the Windjammer and burn up some of those calories they are working so hard to consume??:rolleyes:

He could always have somebody roll him like a barrel then he wouldn't have to walk to the drink station...ahaha.:D

1. Wash your shorts in the bathroom sink.

2. Walk a few steps to the WJ (or cafe promenade) to the drink station.

3. Sign your name for a towel.

4. Smile more often.

I especially like #4. :)

It always amazes me to see how many people don't smile on a cruise.

I guess it just surprises me that some people don't look like they are having fun on a cruise, when I love cruising so much.

(I know this is not on topic -- I see the op loved the cruise except for the things he mentioned.)

The number one worst thing about any cruise is that they actually make you feel like you are their top priority and then they make you leave on the last day. Only to make the next group of passengers feel like they are the most important guests:)

And we see thru this every time, yet we still keep going back! :)

This thread is great - there are so many negative things to say about the Explorer of the Seas and of all other cruiseships and cruiselines. Such as:

1. They will only let me cruise once a year - (well actually it is my budget that dictates the yearly thing)
  2. No cruise is really long enough - THEY ALWAYS END
  3. Cabins are very small but who stays in their cabin all the time.
  4. You will most likely gain a few pounds with all the food (but then again you may, like me, have a year to work it off)
  5. A show every night - how ridiculous- and now we have an ice show that we have to see.
  6. Pools - only two or three on each ship - come on now
  7. Discos, soft music lounges, no music lounges, etc. - it really gets on my nerves trying to decide where I want to go.
  8. Room service - breakfast, lunch and dinner on your balcony and every minute in between
  9. I could go on and on and on but I have to start planning shore excursions for my November 23rd cruise on the EOS
  10. She is a wonderful ship - so I hear and I can't wait until November

I am talking about CONVIENCE. All these things are provided on Disney and Carnival at no charge. Only these things suck. Becides that the cruise is FANTASTIC. :) :)

Isn't everyone glad there are choices for OTHER cruiselines?:D

I am a bit curious, when folk sit down for dinner on those other cruise lines does the conversation among table mates center around the excursion they took down to the laundry room? Possibly they discuss which cruise line has the best laundry rooms. Maybe what detergents are available in the laundry rooms. And, of course, a whole dinner could be had discussing the brand of washers and dryers. Imagine the heated debates about whether Maytag or G.E. makes better machines. And I am sure some lines offers more washers and dryers than other cruiselines.

Gee, this could open up a whole new world of cruising and conversation....

I am a bit curious, when folk sit down for dinner on those other cruise lines does the conversation among table mates center around the excursion they took down to the laundry room? Possibly they discuss which cruise line has the best laundry rooms. Maybe what detergents are available in the laundry rooms. And, of course, a whole dinner could be had discussing the brand of washers and dryers. Imagine the heated debates about whether Maytag or G.E. makes better machines. And I am sure some lines offers more washers and dryers than other cruiselines.

Gee, this could open up a whole new world of cruising and conversation....

LMAO!!!!!!!! Thanks.......you made my day..............;)

I can only think of two things that might have sucked on the Explorer.

One is the wait for Windjammer to open because we boarded so fast.

Second one would be the wait for the elevator at times. Oh but that sucks on any ship

Oh and it sucked to get off.

Hello and greetings gkrebs,

I believe I / we were on the same sailing on the Explorer as you were (4/22)

but I have noticed something else that really 'sucked' on that ship ..... the toilets - and that was a good thing that they did suck.

Wes

This thread is great. I think ya'll scared off the creator...GOOD JOB

Glad to see lots of the Explorer lovers on here settin the record straight.

Laundry?? Isn't that what you take home to do AFTER your cruise? Something has to help you through the post-cruise depression!

Can't wait to explore this wonderful ship for my first time Aug 3rd!!

What sucks is when they make you leave the ship, and as you are walking down the hall one last time, you see some of the rooms already made up for the next set of guests...and it sucks that I am not one of those guests just starting their cruise.

I think it's funny that the poster can't complain about RCCL I didn't like that it took 30 minutes to get cokes from our soda card. Everything about RCCL isn't perfect and I think it is ok to vent here. We like RCCL and certainly this won't stop us from cruising! I wish there were coin operated laundry machines too!

From what I've noticed, negative posts that are well-reasoned and, well, reasonable, are fine around here. But it seems that the first two complaints just aren't true at all, and the third complaint is accurate, but easily found out beforehand and not really something that sucks.

Lack of w/d kept us from cruising while DS was younger (if only I'd know that Carnival had them!) b/c Disney was and is beyond my brain's comprehension for expenses (doesn't matter what the paychecks say if I can't wrap my brain around it), I definitely WISH that RCCL had machines...but it didn't make our Radiance cruise "suck" to not have them. :)

I think it's funny that the poster can't complain about RCCL I didn't like that it took 30 minutes to get cokes from our soda card. Everything about RCCL isn't perfect and I think it is ok to vent here. We like RCCL and certainly this won't stop us from cruising! I wish there were coin operated laundry machines too!

He can complain, but isn't "sucks" rather a strong term for what I would call minor inconveniences?

Yes, I'd like coin-op washing machines too, or at least a washing (not folding) bulk service, so we could send out socks and underwear midway through the cruise. But I'm not going to say the cruise (or ship, or cruise line) sucks because they're not provided.

Oh, yeah, you get more attention when you use that kind of language. I guess I forgot.

I don't think there's enough money in the world that would make me do my own laundry on a cruise!! LOL I guess everyone has their "thing" that they will NOT do on vacation...like cook or clean or laundry or check in at the office. Mine is DEFINITELY laundry! I would, and do, gladly pay someone to take it OUT of my room dirty, and return it clean & pressed!! :D

What majorly sucked on my Explorer cruise was the fact that my stomach wasn't large enough to handle all the desserts that Portofino had to offer! :D

I don't understand why people have to put others down who wish they had self service laundries on board. I like having clean clothes and don't like paying the full service prices. If you don't like the self service laundries simply don't use them!

Archived