Switching from 1 room to another.????

I have 3 rooms booked for my family, in one room there is one person alone and they want to switch with someone from one of our other rooms. I was told by mt TA to just let them switch room keys but one is old enough to drink and 1 is not???? Is;nt thier ages and names encoded in these cards and would'nt they need thier own cards to get on and off the boat, or is this not right. Any one have an answer as to what to do???

Thanks

I have 3 rooms booked for my family, in one room there is one person alone and they want to switch with someone from one of our other rooms. I was told by mt TA to just let them switch room keys but one is old enough to drink and 1 is not???? Is;nt thier ages and names encoded in these cards and would'nt they need thier own cards to get on and off the boat, or is this not right. Any one have an answer as to what to do???

Thanks

Your picture is linked to Seapass card as well as credit card info.

I'm not sure if Royal Caribbean would do this, but on my last cruise with Princess, I just went to the purser's desk and asked for just a key card to get into my kid's cabin. They just issued me a key card only without hesitation.

Perhaps others who have sailed with RCCL lately have experienced your situation. But, just having a key for access to the cabin is all you need and sleep where you wish.

The only downside is that you have to carry two cards with you, but it was no big deal.

Happy sailing!

I'm not sure if Royal Caribbean would do this, but on my last cruise with Princess, I just went to the purser's desk and asked for just a key card to get into my kid's cabin. They just issued me a key card only without hesitation.

Perhaps others who have sailed with RCCL lately have experienced your situation. But, just having a key for access to the cabin is all you need and sleep where you wish.

The only downside is that you have to carry two cards with you, but it was no big deal.

Happy sailing!

YESSS they will do this for you.

As others have stated, yes... we do this every cruise it seems, aside from our first bumbled attempts, we just get the extra key and use the "old" ones for charging drinks and purchases.

So I Think What You Are Telling Me Is To Ask For An Extra Key For Each Of The 2 Rooms That Are Being Swapped So That They Can Have Access To Thier New Swapped Rooms And Keep The Original Sea Pass For Boarding On And Off And The Charges, Right.????????????????

Is This What You Are Saying.

Thanks

Some posters were saying that, and others were saying to ask at the purser's desk to make a switch with "new" cards issued so that you will only have to carry around 1 card each.

We get the "extra" cards and end up carrying 2 each. We do this because on the Rhapsody several years ago the purser's desk made a huge stink about switching rooms, and refused to knowing allow it by making new sea-pass cards. We ended up getting extra room key passes, and have just done that ever since.

I guess it is just a matter of who is behind the desk when you get there!

HTH

A~

On Mariner over New Years, we book my Mom and me in one room and my Dad and DH in another, to get the senior discount, went to the pursers desk to get extra keys, and they said why don't we just issue new sea pass cards for the rooms you are actually going to be in,worked fine, only 1 card to carry.

Archived