NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 5:01 PM, WYB! said:

Well after being bounced around NCL for 1hr on the phone, I ended up at NCL Special Affairs.

The first 3 people I spoke with at NCL Meta customer support were useless/clueless. However NCL Special Affairs was pretty spot on and knowledgeable.

NCL Special Affairs fixed everything and now back on track in a BA cabin category cabin for my B2B voyage in Jan 2022 for 30k in points and also a slightly lower original price too.

But now I just need to keep a closer eye on this voyage to see that it holds in place.

Safe Travels,

- WYB

I would keep an eye on your bookings. I got nailed on a few today and told I need 60,000 points for each sailing on my b2b2b and a b2b.   They have not found a b2b2b and a b2b2b2b I have redeemed on.

They are doing an audit.  I tried to run it up to special affairs and they won't touch it.

So I cancelled 2 today and will cancel 3 tomorrow.  So they are losing $16,000 worth of cruises so far. I am going to pay the others off in full.

Steve

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, BSR said:

Why not?  Isn't there a 4 category upgrade?

The upgrade is within the same category.  They have made more categories so its almost impossible. Just like Aft balcony is now its own category.

So inside up to a higher inside, same with ocean view and balcony. That's it. No higher than a standard balcony.

STeve

You can't upgrade to a spa but you can still do a meta upgrade as far as I can tell - it just depends on how many points you have.  Meta to next category is 30,000, upgrade within category is less and depends on length of cruise.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

The upgrade is within the same category.  They have made more categories so its almost impossible. Just like Aft balcony is now its own category.

So inside up to a higher inside, same with ocean view and balcony. That's it. No higher than a standard balcony.

STeve

Thanks for the information.  Doesn't seem worth it to upgrade within the same category.

13 minutes ago, julig22 said:

You can't upgrade to a spa but you can still do a meta upgrade as far as I can tell - it just depends on how many points you have.  Meta to next category is 30,000, upgrade within category is less and depends on length of cruise.

Thanks.  I have lots of points to use and some expire in 2022.

18 minutes ago, BSR said:

Thanks for the information.  Doesn't seem worth it to upgrade within the same category.

It isn't.  Use 30,000 for a single meta. Inside to Outside or Outside to Balcony for any cruise no matter the length.

Or use 60,000 points for inside to Balcony.

STeve

48 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

It isn't.  Use 30,000 for a single meta. Inside to Outside or Outside to Balcony for any cruise no matter the length.

Or use 60,000 points for inside to Balcony.

STeve

Thanks.  I may try and use the 30,000 for single meta upgrade.  Do you know where I can find the points rewards?  I thought it used to be listed on NCL web page.

Just got denied a true cross meta double upgrade.

Had an IA booked looking to go to a BA. When they attempted to do that, it would have required me losing some perks such as prepaid gratuities.  So I was forced to go with a BB.   Now I wanted my rate reduced because whats the sense of paying for an IA when an IB would have worked. Again, I would lose my current perks.

Just a heads up.  This was for the Encore.

Steve

2 hours ago, TifffanyD said:

I don't think you always get I* to B* ... it can vary what the actual mappings are.

How did you get prepaid gratuities??

Supposed to be IA-BA,   IB-BB,  IC-BC and so on.   Why IA becomes BB is not known. I will run this up BOAs flag pole.

The pre-paid gratuities were a perk the day the booking opened. I grabbed it!   This is for a 21 day cruise as well.

STeve

• Like 2

15 hours ago, suebbbhoney said:

Has anyone used their points for a free cruise? I'd like to know how difficult it would be - 

I have enough points for a free cruise.  Haven't tried to book one.

15 hours ago, suebbbhoney said:

Has anyone used their points for a free cruise? I'd like to know how difficult it would be - 

Not sure what you mean by difficult, if you have the points and follow the terms of redemption, yes you can get a free cruise. I got a free cruise in 2018. 

1 hour ago, Heather1972 said:

Not sure what you mean by difficult, if you have the points and follow the terms of redemption, yes you can get a free cruise. I got a free cruise in 2018. 

Did you get inside, ocean or balcony?  And where to?

1 hour ago, BSR said:

Do you remember which cabin category they gave you for an inside?  Also, were you able to pick the promotions (dining, drinking, etc) for your cruise?

My free cruise was spring break of 2018 on short notice. They gave me the best available cabin which was IB category (Getaway 11411), and I got the perks that were being promoted at the time.  

• Like 1