new website/blog about working on a cruise ship

James:

I LOVED it! Your descriptions of how thick some people can be had me laughing - I am willing to bet money that they are the same people who complain about stuff being empty! I guess if you can't figure out how a simple dispensing machine works - everything is always "empty".

Some advice - when I was just a bit older than you, I took an opportunity to work in Europe - I had to live in a cramped cold water flat with roomates and we worked HARD at our job BUT it was one of the best experiences of my life. After that I knew I could cope with anything and make the best of it. When your job gets you down (and there will be times when it will) remember all you are learning about how to cope with life's challenges and what an amazing opportunity you have to see Hawaii and meet many different people.

Good Luck!

Nice job, James. Hope you're enjoying your time in Hawaii and on the ship.

I enjoyed the 'funny people' blog. Those are the same people who complain when they have to wait for the ice to be refilled!!! :eek:

James,

Hi there, I work in land based all inclusive, done so for many years. I, like the gent before me who worked in Europe, lived out of three boxes for 10 years as I worked the resort circuit in the US and Caribbean. Stick with what you are doing and you will know where to end up when you get there.

two funny comments that stick in my head always.

working Cayman...lady from the cruise ship is on the beach, points to the ocean and says "does this water go all the way around the island?" The guys in the watersports concession used to kleep a log of stupid tourist questions..they should have published it !!

working Bahamas

We know the water off the beach in Bahamas will have many lovely shades of blue.

Lady comes up to me and asks for jelly jars, empty ones. I am curious and say "what do you want them for?"

she replies...I just love the different colors of the ocean and want to bring them home.

keep on recording these and you will be able to write a book!!!!!!:cool:

two funny comments that stick in my head always.

working Cayman...lady from the cruise ship is on the beach, points to the ocean and says "does this water go all the way around the island?" The guys in the watersports concession used to kleep a log of stupid tourist questions..they should have published it !!

working Bahamas

We know the water off the beach in Bahamas will have many lovely shades of blue.

Lady comes up to me and asks for jelly jars, empty ones. I am curious and say "what do you want them for?"

she replies...I just love the different colors of the ocean and want to bring them home.

keep on recording these and you will be able to write a book!!!!!!:cool:

Ha ha....

Good idea for James to log some of the stupid questions. Plenty of time to write a book when he retires someday. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James,

My son is a recent graduate of Johnson & Wales U - Culinary.

How can he get the inside scoop? He has gone to the website and submitted his resume, but no response so far.

Do the contracts mostly begin and end in September?

I will try to email you later, my email is unavailable right now.

Thanks for any information!

Sharon

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi James,

I have not been able to log on to your blog in a couple of days. I just want to make sure everything is okay. :confused: The last blog I read was just after you went and saw corp offices and everyone knew about you and your blog. And now, nothing. I just wanted to post a note here so you would know to keep us posted.

I'm hoping it's good news... maybe even a promotion for you!!! Let us know & I'll keep trying to log on to your website.

Take care & thanks again for all the work you do for your website. I love the photograpy too. Did you take all the pictures? or are some of them stock photos?

Thanks,

Andrea

Hey James, Thank you for all your infomation on Pride of America ship. and life on board. I Hope you get what your going after. you seem like a real asset to NCL. Was hopping you were going to be on my sailing 8/23/08. Keep us informed. atabilly

• 2 months later...

Archived