Food on POA

2cruz

I would like to find out about where food is available on POA and times available with recommendations as to where best to eat. Can someone help me list all restaurants/buffets/ice cream. What's additional cost for speciality restaurant and is it worthwhile? We will have a large group and I read that reservations can be made ahead of time. Can it be done for the entire cruise or only done daily and where to go to reserve. Thanks ahead.

I would like to find out about where food is available on POA and times available with recommendations as to where best to eat. Can someone help me list all restaurants/buffets/ice cream. What's additional cost for speciality restaurant and is it worthwhile? We will have a large group and I read that reservations can be made ahead of time. Can it be done for the entire cruise or only done daily and where to go to reserve. Thanks ahead.

Pride of America or Pride of Aloha?

http://www.7blueseas.com/global/pages/NCLFSDining_popup.asp

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/publicRooms.html?shipCode=PRIDE%20ALOH

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/publicRooms.html?shipCode=PRIDE%20AMER

On the Pride of Aloha: (POA)

The main buffet is open for all meals but gets crowded especially for breakfast. Only one main restaurant is open for Breakfast (used to be Crossings) and lunch. Both main restaurants and the three specialty restaurants are open for dinner. You must make reservations for the specialty restaurants and under NCL's new policy, you can only do so for that day and the next day.

The main restaurants do not take reservations EXCEPT for large groups of over 8. You can make a standing reservation or each day. Group Reservations in the main dining rooms are only accepted for 5:30, 5:45, 6:00 or after 8:15 p.m.. No group reservations for the prime dining times of 6:15-8:15 in the main restaurants. The largest table in the main restaurants used to be a table for 10 and there are very few of them. They can split your group up and put them at tables close together. (ships tables are bolted down...)

Of course, room service is always available. There is no "diner" type restaurant on the POA. (there is on the POAm and the POH.)

They only take reservation for group over 8? I thought I read couple of places it's 5 and more.

On the Pride of Aloha: (POA)

The main restaurants do not take reservations EXCEPT for large groups of over 8. You can make a standing reservation or each day. Group Reservations in the main dining rooms are only accepted for 5:30, 5:45, 6:00 or after 8:15 p.m.. No group reservations for the prime dining times of 6:15-8:15 in the main restaurants. The largest table in the main restaurants used to be a table for 10 and there are very few of them. They can split your group up and put them at tables close together. (ships tables are bolted down...)

They only take reservation for group over 8? I thought I read couple of places it's 5 and more.

On every NCL cruise that I have taken (including the POA), it has been 8. I have been in groups larger than 8 on all of my cruises except the POA and those are the restrictions put on us. On the POA, we were only a group of 6 and they would not allow us to make dinner reservations for the main dining rooms.

Archived