Info on onboard weddings

sea-escape

My nephew and his fiance are planning a destination wedding for the fall of 2008. They are looking at an all-inclusive resort on Turks and Caicos. You probably know which one.

The price they have been quoted is about 1300 pp for 5 nights for guests, not including airfare.

I'm not sure how much it will be for children-we have 2 teens.

I want to convince them to look into a cruise instead. I think it would be so much more affordable for all guests and more $ for the bride and groom in their gift!

Has anyone attended a wedding on a cruise or in port? They did want to get married on the beach. Does anyone know if the cruiseline can arrange for a wedding in port?

Thanks.

My sister is just in the planning stages of a cruise wedding. Check out the specific weddings and honeymoon section threads for tons of comments and all the information that you will need!!! Each cruise line has a company that handles weddings on the ship and they can either be on board, while at sea or at a specific port depending on the cruise line. It can be costly also, depending on what options you choose to have, and which cruise you choose, but probably not as much as what you were quoted for the other option. Good luck!

My daughter is planning an at sea wedding on Princess. Cost is apx. $800 for an inside cabin. Add gratuity, drinks, excursions and that will certainly bring it into what your all inclusive is running Course this is 7 days and not 5. It then cost the couple $450 for a license(!!) $1800 for the ceremony which includes some photos (1 8x10 and 3 5X7) a small cake, her bouquet and a boutonair for him. A reception after is extra of course. She chose to marry at sea so guests could enjoy the ports

Thanks for the quick replies!

I guess you are right with the cost being right up there. I am just partial to cruising.

I just found the wedding and honeymoon board. Thanks for that info, too.

We live on the east coast-so I thought we could avoid the airfare, too. That could be a big savings, also. One sister-in-law will not fly. Maybe she would agree to cruise.

We have alot of children in the family (nieces and nephews). I think the all inclusives sometimes don't charge much for them.

I know the cruiselines have some great 3rd & 4th passenger discounts, too. And some great group discounts, as well.

Thanks again.

My son is gettingmarried onboard Carnival Liberty in August.

We booked many many months ago-- so the cruise was affordable for everyone. (get group rates and everyone booked with the same agent)

our inside cabins were 388pp with 100 cabin credit.

The wedding price includes 25 guests. and there is a fee for other guests.

the wedding price was 1500.00 which is for the ceremony. 1 1/2 hour open bar with hot and cold horderves, cake and an ice sculpture.

we paid an extra 100 for the DJ.

You dont get to chose the room your reception is held-- depends on how many guests. how many weddings are held on your day.

(carnival only allows 3 weddings per week and so far no other one is scheduled for our week)

We do have 4 non sailing guests. and have to be at the pier by 10:30 dressed and ready to go.

Planning a cruise wedding-- you dont get to dicker with details and dont know anything until 2 weeks before the cruise.

Princess allowed weddings at sea. carnival did not.

Carnival we have to be married before they depart.

They also do have island weddings-- but doing that you take a chance of missing a port.

Please visit the wedding/honeymoon board for lots of information

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Planning a cruise wedding-- you dont get to dicker with details and dont know anything until 2 weeks before the cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

We initially ran into that problem but once we talked with a different coordinator she took care of everything. Once she got the pursors office on the ship involved we were able to plan every detail in advance.

Serene56

That sounds so reasonable. What port will you sail out of? Good luck with everything! I'm sure it will be beautiful! Please report back after the event.

Also-how many months ahead did you book? They are looking at fall 2008.

I will definately tell them about these boards. They have never cruised before. I'm sure some will not be able to attend the all-inclusive, but this is another option.

Thanks again.

Also-how many months ahead did you book? They are looking at fall 2008..

Cruising out of Fort Lauderdale.

we booked for August--last November. The earlier you book the better the price. ANd please do set it up as a group so you can get added amenities and benifits. For every 8 cabins (2 passengers in each) you will get a free berth= still have to pay taxes and port charges but will make an awesome pre wedding present for the bride/groom.

if cruising is your otpion you want to go down the day before. and look into group space at the hotel too

My nephew and his fiance are planning a destination wedding for the fall of 2008. They are looking at an all-inclusive resort on Turks and Caicos. You probably know which one.

The price they have been quoted is about 1300 pp for 5 nights for guests, not including airfare.

I'm not sure how much it will be for children-we have 2 teens.

I want to convince them to look into a cruise instead. I think it would be so much more affordable for all guests and more $ for the bride and groom in their gift!

Has anyone attended a wedding on a cruise or in port? They did want to get married on the beach. Does anyone know if the cruiseline can arrange for a wedding in port?

Thanks.

It sounds like your nephew and fiance are capable people with making arrangements, choosing options, etc.

Why do you feel that you need to "Convince them"? Is this more about you than them?

Of course its about me!

Just kidding. I wanted to know from others who may have had experience with a cruiseship wedding.

As I stated, my sil does not fly, and some family members will not be able to afford the all-inclusive prices.

Before suggesting a cruise to them, I wanted to know if it was a good idea.

Most people here are very helpful and nice.

Glad you started this thread, I just started a similar one. My daughter just informed us she wants a cruise wedding - while we're thrilled, we're not sure how to even begin.

Should we get in touch with a TA or should we contact Princess directly?

Glad you started this thread, I just started a similar one. My daughter just informed us she wants a cruise wedding - while we're thrilled, we're not sure how to even begin.

Should we get in touch with a TA or should we contact Princess directly?

cheap is what it is-- when you compare to what you will pay for a reception at home--- mostly because some people wont go on a cruise for a wedding so you save that money..

You would need to book your cruise first-- since it is a wedding I suggest you set up as a group-- get pricing and details-- make flyers to send out as announcement in SAVE THE DATE CARDS.

once booked-- you call the cruiselines and ask to speak to the wedding department which will hook you up=- but they wont give details until after you are already booked.

Archived