I know this has to be getting old

lupee13

ok i've been reading this site long enough to realize that the older members of this board do not like it when the same questions are asked a million times i get that and i swear i read everything that i could on this subject so please don't get mad haha

hypothetically with the S&S card if i put say $200 dollars on it for a 5 day cruise does that mean i only have $150 dollars to spend because of gratuities or does that mean i have the 200 to spend but the bill at the end will be for $250?

PLEASE HELP!

Yes you will only have 150 to spend IF you are the only one on the card. Say you and SO are on the same card then you would only have 100 to spend. One way to not have this problem is to pay your gratuties in advance. If you do I know from experience that if you NEED to make adjustments you still can.

ok i've been reading this site long enough to realize that the older members of this board do not like it when the same questions are asked a million times i get that and i swear i read everything that i could on this subject so please don't get mad haha

hypothetically with the S&S card if i put say $200 dollars on it for a 5 day cruise does that mean i only have $150 dollars to spend because of gratuities or does that mean i have the 200 to spend but the bill at the end will be for $250?

PLEASE HELP!

Unless you go to the pursers and remove the tips and pay them in cash at the end.Then you have the whole $200 on S&S

Yes you will only have 150 to spend IF you are the only one on the card. Say you and SO are on the same card then you would only have 100 to spend. One way to not have this problem is to pay your gratuties in advance. If you do I know from experience that if you NEED to make adjustments you still can.

Certain individualy will now come back and tell you that pre-paid gratuties can not be adjusted but THIS poster is correct. You can always, under any and all cases adjust tips......

Have fun!

Not all of us are like that! I've been here more than seven years and I understand that the search feature doesn't always yield valid results. And some folks just don't know how to use it. If a question is posted a million times, the folks who've been around long enough to be annoyed could just ignore it and move on.

Not all of us are like that! I've been here more than seven years and I understand that the search feature doesn't always yield valid results. And some folks just don't know how to use it. If a question is posted a million times, the folks who've been around long enough to be annoyed could just ignore it and move on.

So glad to hear you say that:) I booked my first cruise for December and I am sure as the date gets closer I will have many questions~ I am reading each and every day though so many have already been answered :)

Archived