Kids club ??

tigger8792

We are going on the Crown on Dec. 29,2007. Our son is 12 but will be 13 on Jan.18,2008 and was wondering if they will let him in the age group of 13-17. He said he really didnt want to be in the age group of 8-12. Thanks for any info.

We are going on the Crown on Dec. 29,2007. Our son is 12 but will be 13 on Jan.18,2008 and was wondering if they will let him in the age group of 13-17. He said he really didnt want to be in the age group of 8-12. Thanks for any info.

The kids club is usually strick about the group ages. You can always stop by and ask.

Since this is a very popular time for families to cruise, I'd say there's not much chance of your DS being moved up to the 13-17 group :( .

Sorry, but maybe he'll enjoy being the "old guy" in his age group :) !

My experience on the Island Princess is that they wouldn't budge. And when my daughter saw the club, she thought it would be horrible. Compared to Disney the kid club on the Island was a very small room and didn't have much to offer. However, in the end, she had a fantastic time on the cruise. She met four other 12 year olds and they did other things besides the kids club...lots of time spent at the pool and at the buffet.

Not much difference of a couple of weeks-If he is that uncomfortable with the 8-12 age group,speak with the counselors and see if they can switch him.Maybe you could contact your TA or the shipline and see what they could do to make your son happy. Because there is nothing like an unhappy teen on a cruise:rolleyes: .

Since this is a very popular time for families to cruise, I'd say there's not much chance of your DS being moved up to the 13-17 group :( .

Sorry, but maybe he'll enjoy being the "old guy" in his age group :) !

Actually it has little to do with how many kids onboard...I believe it's for insurance reasons. Also, many parents will insist that their kids are mature for their age group. It just makes it easier for the counselors to stick to the age groups (assigned based on their age during the sailing) then having parents pleading this.

You might consider that the teens in the program will find your son on the young side.

Archived