Newspapers/news on a cruise?

dale594

For me, I'd rather be away from the news on my cruise, but DH loves to read the newspaper. I don't know how they would get newspapers to a cruise ship, but just curious if there is anything like a newspaper, etc. each day! How about news on the tv? Thanks. I know it is a crazy question! Dale

We have gotten printed news stories on 8x11 piece of paper - mostly international news- under our door or have been able to pick these up at the purser's desk. A lot of in-cabin TVs have CNN and once we had a 'local' New York City news show! But who wants to stay inside, in a cabin, just to watch the news on a cruise? I like to get local newspapers from the ports- if they are in English. The local news is fun to read!

HAL delivers a daily news sheet to each cabin every day. On our last cruise they had a specialized news sheet for Canadians. I'm pretty sure that they had newspapers in the library but since we were on vacation we didn't check on them.

HAL - we get the Daily Times Fax every day. As for newspapers in the Explorations Lounge -- rarely get anything in all the ports. It seems like they get a couple of Wall Street Journals and a couple of USA Today the first day of the cruise and they stay there for a few days before someone throws them away.

Archived