black watch bridge deck

seabourndt

hi there, i have booked a e deck cabin for mini cruise in december. am trying to work out what view i will get as tyhe pictures of the lifeboats seems to differ on every pic. the current plans only show 5 lifeboats where the poicds show 7 anyone understand.

indeed the new brochure just received 2005-06 shows these cabins as balcony cabins. are they planning to refurbish the ship soon any one got opics of these cabins

We noticed the change in the 2005/6 brochure too. There is a paragraph somewhere in it that my husband saw saying it will be done after the 2005 world cruise. I do hope when we get on our mini cruise that this does not mean the bridge deck cabins are tatty thus needing renovation. I am puzzled how they are going to get balconies there as the lifeboats are outside the windows or are they going to make the cabins much smaller. Outside cabins on Black Watch are often bigger than other cruise lines but I wouldn't have thought that much bigger.

I think on all restricted view cabins it is impossible to work out where you out in relation to the lifeboats as (they point out in brochures) the scale is not right. To be honest on this particular cruise I am not very bothered. The important thing is that my husband wakes to daylight - which is actually the only thing that bothers him about inside cabins. It will be dark early anyway and for sailing up the Seine I shall be found in the panoramic lounge at the top unless the weather is good enough to be on deck.

Archived