Liberty 7/15 review

Jmur728

We traveled down to Ft. Lauderdale the day before our cruise and stayed at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood. This was my 11th cruise and 4th with Carnival. I was with my gf and two other couples all in our mid twenties. The hotel was fantastic in every aspect. We ate dinner across the street at Nikki Marina, which was one of the best places we have ever been to.

In the morning, we took a ten-passenger limo from Holland Limousine, which worked out great. Carnival had a very organized set up which was much different from Royal Caribbean when we were last leaving out of Port Everglades. We had VIP check in, which is such a pleasure, and we were all on the ship in 10 minutes.

I really enjoyed the lay out of the ship and it was in immaculate condition. Most of the nightlife takes place on the promenade deck 5, which makes it easy to hop around to different places. We really enjoyed the Piano Bar where Damian was playing. The Hot and Cool disco was a bit cheesy with its décor but I guess that’s what they were going for. The first adult comedy show was one of the best I have ever seen. The comedian Jim Brick was fantastic and extremely dirty. The second comedian later in the week was one of the worst we have seen and left after 10 minutes. We really enjoyed the Rock Across Broadway show, which I did not think I would like. We participated in Various Trivia contests (TV, Sports, General Knowledge)

The cruise director Todd Whitmer was by far the best I have ever had. He was out everywhere around the ship and interacted with the guests more than I have seen.

The ship was full of kids but usually the only place you really saw them was in the pool during the day. The only real complaint with the ship is the pool size. It is way to small for 3500 guests.

We ate dinner the first night in the Silver Olympian dining room. We were all supposed to be at the same table but a mistake was made some where and we were forced to have two tables back to back the first night until they could find a table for six. I really enjoyed the food in the dinning rooms. We were switched the second night to the Golden Olympian room and enjoyed the food there as well. The waiter we had was Roodolfo and he was very good. We ended up eating at Harry’s the last two nights, which we thoroughly enjoyed. If you are a fan of Dover Sole I would highly recommend having it as it was the best I have ever had. The entire staff at Harry’s is extremely professional and really gave us two great dinning experiences.

We stayed in a category 11 suite on deck 7 and we enjoyed it. Our steward Clinton always kept our room in great shape. The only thing I disliked was the TV. Not a huge deal because we don’t watch much but it just seemed out dated and the interactive menu is really slow.

In Freeport, we took a cab to Lucaya beach in front of the Sheraton and enjoyed a day at the beach. Two of us went out for a banana boat ride and that was the worst experience I have had. We feel off three times and I ended up with bruised ribs and had to make a trip to the infirmary the next morning. Other than that, we really enjoyed Freeport.

In Grand Cayman we went to Seven Mile beach and were dropped off by cab at Royal Palms beach club. It was a nice spot with good food and drinks. We then spent the remainder of the day at Margarittaville, which we really enjoyed.

Costa Maya was probably our favorite spot. We went to Tequila Beach Club for $30 each. This included food and drinks for the day. They have very nice facilities, the staff was extremely friendly, and the vendors were not pushy at all.

We did the express check out where we carried our bags off the ship, which worked out really well. The entire trip was fantastic and I look forward to our next trip with Carnival. Any questions you have I would be glad to answer.

Great review!! I cannot wait to go on the liberty.

One Question..Did U have to pay 4 the food and drinks on the 7 mile beach or is it complimentary? :confused:

The Big Screen shows on the Lido deck included both movies and video music concerts, they included:

Beach Boys, Cars, Mission Impossible 3, Sheryl Crow, Superman Returns, The Shaggy dog, Tina Turner, The Guardian, Hairspray, Diana Krall, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Da Vinci Code, James Taylor

The ship also had complimentary cabin movies that played throughout the day. They included: Code Name: The Cleaner, The Last Mimzy, Full of It, At Last, Return to Sender, Mission Impossible 3, I Think I Love My Wife, The Number 23 and much more.

We were on the Liberty last summer and the food lines were always terrible. In fairness, it was the first sailing after the Norovirus outbreak so things were pretty tense in the dining areas. How were the lines this time? Were all of the grill, ice cream and drink stations back to normal?

We were on the Liberty last summer and the food lines were always terrible. In fairness, it was the first sailing after the Norovirus outbreak so things were pretty tense in the dining areas. How were the lines this time? Were all of the grill, ice cream and drink stations back to normal?

Also on 7/15 cruise. Lines were not bad everything appeared normal.

Archived