First time cruiser question

peppymouse

Hi, my DW and I are going on our first cruise September 07. We begin in Venice. My question is - when we arrive at the airport, we meet with the Princess rep and my understanding is they take our bags and route us to the ship for embarkment. Can we rather than go on board, start to tour the city and embark later in the day or do we have to embark first. The ship satys in Venice overnight.

Thanks in advance...peppymouse.

ussually you can go through the process of embarkation, finish your paperwork etc then disembark and see the city if you like. This all depends on the ammount of time you have from when you arrive at the ship until sailaway.

You will want to take care of embarkation formalities first. That way you will have your cruise card, which also is used to let the staff know who is on board and who is off the ship. Take care of business first, then enjoy the city.

Thanks very much for the advice folks!! We will definitely settle in and registar on the ship before we begin.;)

I might add that if you plan to do the Doge's Palace/Bridge of Sighs/etc that you book the tix online as the lines are VERRRRRRY long! Also: there is a fair walk from the vaporetto dock into St Marks square so think comfy shoes!:D

Archived