Best time to cruise with least amount of kids

PhilipHF

Many interesting threads regarding the joy of cruising with (other people's) kids. Not having any kids of my own, just wondering when is the best time to cruise with the least amount of children? Am I OK with my 10/28 7-day southern Caribbean (Crown) cruise compared with, say, a summer cruise?

Thanks, Philip

Many interesting threads regarding the joy of cruising with (other people's) kids. Not having any kids of my own, just wondering when is the best time to cruise with the least amount of children? Am I OK with my 10/28 7-day southern Caribbean (Crown) cruise compared with, say, a summer cruise?

Thanks, Philip

September and October are great months to cruise and avoid any children. Obviously you should avoid summer cruises as well as holidays and spring break. Very few children on transatlantics also.

There seems to always be young children on any 7 day sailing. Even the longer sailings anymore with home schooling the way it is today. But you will have less on those cruises that take place during times when there isn't any school vacations.

Is that the Oct 27 Crown out of San Juan (not 10/28 like you posted)? I was supposed to go on that cruise as part of a family reunion. Since we're going at Thanksgiving, I couldn't attend. Oh yeah, the whole clan is getting together w/ all their youngins. 50 in all....10 sets of parents, 30 kids (age range from 3-18). Unbelievable. I can't believe how those folks from the south breed like they do (it's not like they have all that land to tend to anymore). Those kids are hellions. You thought those football stories were bad...just hope that's the worst of it w/ them. They're home schooled and don't get out much, but when they do....look out. I got a glimpse of the attire they plan on wearing...all matching reunion shirts. You won't be able to miss them at all. From tie-dye to day-glo orange and annoying colors in between. Honestly, I didn't want any part of that. I'm surprised some of them can leave the country, being on probation an all.

Well have fun on your cruise.

And yes, all of the above was a joke. Enjoy...and don't forget to put out your traps for those little angels running around. They might raise a good penny on the open market in any of those ports. It might help pay your bar tab.

Not only do September and October have less children, the prices are normally significantly cheaper.

I will say this though. The kids we've seen sailing in the fall are very well behaved and mannered young adults. I guess because there are so few there aren't as many groups and the group dynamic is missing. But on our 2 cruises with Princess in the fall we have yet to run into any kids causing any trouble at all.....

Yes late Sept and Oct are better for fewer children on board, but 7 day cruises always seem to have children on board. The longer the itinerary, the fewer the kids, except over the summer, holidays and that vague time frame know as spring break.

We have been on cruises with practically no kids, and lots of kids. I must say that most of the little darlings, from ankle biters on up, have been well behaved. The occasional running down a hallway or throwing a temper tantrum happens - but so do obnoxious supposed adult cruisers who are determined to make all around them miserable by complaining about everything. Maybe Princess could establish a program for them so they would stay out of our way!

Honestly, try the longer and/or more exotic itineraries for fewer kids.

I took my son (13) on a Princess cruise a few years ago during fall break (mid-Oct). There were only 16 kids on the entire ship. He was so bored and it "forced" him to spend time with mom :) My neighbor and I are on the 10/27 Crown sailing and I can't wait. We planned it during this time in hopes of avoiding everyone elses wonderful, perfect children:D

I check with Princess once in awhile to see where the number is at for the 13-17 yr age group on our November cruise. We're currently at almost 70 - not to mention how many there might be in the younger groups.

Do you actually call them and ask? I never would have thought to do that but what a great idea for people on both sides of the fence !

Also, between Thanksgiving and Christmas and the week after New Year's day are good times...Also great times at Disney. I love kids and it's fun to be around them, but we were on a school break cruise on the Caribbean Princess and they were the worst bunch of kids I ever saw.....and there were hundreds and hundreds of them. Since I can choose any dates there will be no more school break times for me!

I like to cruise the last couple of weeks in January. Kids are back in school, spring breaks have not started yet, and it's not hurricane season yet. Plus prices are really good in January too. :)

The longer the cruise, the fewer of the kids. If you are old enough, you may enjoy Saga. They do not allow children at all. They don't allow anyone who is less that 40 years old. Somebody in the cabin has to be at least 50 years old. You might like that line.

When planning to cruise anytime the kids are out of school (summer, holidays, spring), I call and ask how many. We decided to cancel our summer Crown Princess cruise when I was told there were over 700 children on board. :eek:

Cruising on NCL or Carnival is a sure guarantee that you will have children aboard......no matter what time of year it is!!!!

Cruising on HAL or Celebrity is pretty safe, in terms of not being overwhelmed with children.

Princess can be "iffy"....you do have to watch spring break and June/July and August cruising. Also Christmas time.

We booked a cruise on November 24th on the Golden....I hope we're not sorry! :o

Is that the Oct 27 Crown out of San Juan (not 10/28 like you posted)? I was supposed to go on that cruise as part of a family reunion. Since we're going at Thanksgiving, I couldn't attend. Oh yeah, the whole clan is getting together w/ all their youngins. 50 in all....10 sets of parents, 30 kids (age range from 3-18). Unbelievable. I can't believe how those folks from the south breed like they do (it's not like they have all that land to tend to anymore). Those kids are hellions. You thought those football stories were bad...just hope that's the worst of it w/ them. They're home schooled and don't get out much, but when they do....look out. I got a glimpse of the attire they plan on wearing...all matching reunion shirts. You won't be able to miss them at all. From tie-dye to day-glo orange and annoying colors in between. Honestly, I didn't want any part of that. I'm surprised some of them can leave the country, being on probation an all.

LOLOLOL!! Too funny! :D :D

You should be fine in October. There will be a lot of kids, but nothing compared to summer or holiday cruises. If you call Princess, they should be able to tell you how many "youngins" are onboard for your sailing.

Yes late Sept and Oct are better for fewer children on board, but 7 day cruises always seem to have children on board. The longer the itinerary, the fewer the kids, except over the summer, holidays and that vague time frame know as spring break.

We have been on cruises with practically no kids, and lots of kids. I must say that most of the little darlings, from ankle biters on up, have been well behaved. The occasional running down a hallway or throwing a temper tantrum happens - but so do obnoxious supposed adult cruisers who are determined to make all around them miserable by complaining about everything. Maybe Princess could establish a program for them so they would stay out of our way!

Well said:D :D

We're saling on the Crown Jan 12/08 and we're hoping there are not a lot of kids onboard. We love kids and have our own along with grandchildren but are really looking forward to a nice relaxing holiday. On the January 2006 cruise there were just a handful of kids onboard.

Archived