Carry on Luggage with US Direct

jstpshe

I've read alot of threads here on the US Direct Program but haven't seen anything about your carry ons.

So for anyone that has done this program could you please tell me if you are still aloud to keep your carryon suitcases with you at all times?

I'd hate to have to check in my cameras, jewelry, binos and extra clothes in case I don't get my luggage.

I did that once when I went on my Southern cruise and someone stole one of my expensive bracelets my DH had just bought me for the cruise.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, CJ :) :)

US Direct is not all that complicated. Essentially, you go through a nominal immigration process instead of the one with the long lines.

Your checked luggage disappears from the time you check it in until you arrive at your destination. Carry on stays with you all the time because you carry it and don't check it.

The process sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is. Once you do it, you look back and go, "wow, that was easy."

Archived