Beware Island Princess Itinerary change!

cruise junky joan

the departure time from Juneau on June 27,2008 has been changed from 9:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. I don't know why or if they may change it again I couldn't get through to Princess. This really screws me up because we already booked a whale watching tour and had plans to do the Mt. Roberts tram and Mend. Glacier, now it looks like there won't be time. Even though the ship gets into port at 6:30 a.m. that won't help because the visitor's centers don't open until 10:00. and our whale tour is for 4 hours. this is the first reservation I have made and now I need to change it. I hope this isn't any indication of how the rest of the cruise is going to go.

I got my itinerary from Travelocity 3 days ago and it said 9:00 p.m. then today I was checking the princess site and saw the time change. I realize that we can go to the glacier whenever we want to walk around but we really enjoy the visitors centers and the tram to Mt. Roberts is probably out of the question now. More than anything else I just hate having my plans changed.

I would go off the time that is listed in the Cruise Personalizer on Princess's website. I would not trust a 3rd party's website such as Travelocity for times as they are known for having errors. Information is just not updated on these sites as it should be.

I got my itinerary from Travelocity 3 days ago and it said 9:00 p.m. then today I was checking the princess site and saw the time change. I realize that we can go to the glacier whenever we want to walk around but we really enjoy the visitors centers and the tram to Mt. Roberts is probably out of the question now. More than anything else I just hate having my plans changed.

I suspect it has been a 4:00 departure all along, since that is when it departs this year. Travelocity is probably to blame for the error.

Sounds like travelocity messed me up, considering we booked our cruise thru them I hope this is the only mistake they make.

Princess allows travel agents to discount - so unless Travelocity saved you money - you'd be better off dealing with Princess (rack rate) or shopping for a discount travel agency.

Archived