luggage tags for crown at pier

mimisw

My TA told me today that luggage tags will be handed out at the pier on the day of sailing. Has anyone heard of this ?? We are sailing on Aug. 10th on the Crown Princess. We have always recieved our luggage tags in the mail with other cruise lines. This is our first Princess cruise. It seems to me that its a lot easier doing it at home and will also save a lot of time on sailing day.

Thanks in advance for any info.

My TA told me today that luggage tags will be handed out at the pier on the day of sailing. Has anyone heard of this ?? We are sailing on Aug. 10th on the Crown Princess. We have always recieved our luggage tags in the mail with other cruise lines. This is our first Princess cruise. It seems to me that its a lot easier doing it at home and will also save a lot of time on sailing day.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I thought that they were mailed out in the pre-cruise packet. I was hoping to get them any day now. Maybe that is not the case?

I'm on the Sep 6th sailing of the Crown, and I have already received my luggage tags. Princess will mail them to you directly only if you booked with them. If you booked through a TA (like I did), they mail the pre-cruise package to the TA and it is up to them to forward it to you.

We are sailing September 29 on the Crown and have received our luggage tags. We don't have a room yet since we took advantage of "personalized pricing" but there is space to write the room number in when we get it. It came from our travel agent. We did fill out the information on the Princess website and printed our boarding pass.

Thank you for all the responses to my post. After talking to princess reps. I found out that they had mailed my docs to my TA in early June. The TA never sent them to me and claims that they now cannot find them. I printed out my boarding passes way back in June so I have those. Princess will be sending me tags within 24 hrs. Needless to say I will never use that travel agency again.

Thank you for all the responses to my post. After talking to princess reps. I found out that they had mailed my docs to my TA in early June. The TA never sent them to me and claims that they now cannot find them. I printed out my boarding passes way back in June so I have those. Princess will be sending me tags within 24 hrs. Needless to say I will never use that travel agency again.

Maybe you can still get Princess to send your pre-cruise packet to you directly or push your TA for it. I contacted our online TA yesterday after reading your first post and got an email back that, according to Princess, our luggage tags would be available at the pier and that Princess no longer sends out pre-cruise packets. Well, lo and behold, what was in my mailbox this morning but a wonderful pre-cruise packet that came direct from Princess (must be some confusion somewhere between the TA and Princess - hate to say it, but I'm thinking that maybe Princess ? ) Anyway, we got the Cruise Answer Book, info sheet with updated passport travel requirements, Princess' passage contract which I had already printed from Princess' website, luggage tags (3), info sheet with Visa information for travel to Canada, flyer introducting Princess' luggage valet service, welcome letter and instruction sheet from Princess - contains instructions for preparing for our cruise on online pre-cruise checklist, tour reservation sheets and, if one does not want to do this online, a postage-paid envelope to return the reservation request forms back to Princess and a wonderful book describing all of the shore excursions (that alone is 79 pages). Needless to say, we were impressed. DH got his own also, and the letters were addressed to us individually as Mr. and Ms. Well, having never sailed Princess before, I still remember the day we got our docs, luggage tags, etc. from HAL and they came in a really nice cover and we were impressed then when compared to the smaller tickets and brochures that we got from other cruiselines. Well, Princess got them beat! So if you can, get your packet - it is great!

I arrived with no luggage tags and the Princess rep at the dock handed me tags at that point.

Having watched the chaos of untagged baggage do make sure that if you do not have an official tag then the bags are marked clearly with your name and cabin number - that way they will eventually find their way to you (not as quickly though). Even if I have an offical tag I will also put the details on another label.

I have my luggage tags, but no cabin assignment! Any idea what happens with the luggage - do the porters have a master list of cabin numbers? I'm concerned as I have to surrender my luggage before I check in, which is when I assume I will learn my cabin assignment.

Hi everyone,

How long before you receive your pre cruise doc packet? I called Expedia and the customer service rep is trying to tell me Princess no longer sends them and you get everything online. I ask her about our luggage tags and she says you now print them online. Paper luggage tags, this is getting good! I then get a supervisor who checks into this for me and after checking their tracking number, tells me Princess mailed them to Expedia 2 1/2 weeks but Expedia can't find them. We still have plenty of time(35 days) but the excitement really starts when we have the pre cruise docs in hand. What is the normal time frame for receiving these?

Thanks, Bill

Hi everyone,

How long before you receive your pre cruise doc packet? I called Expedia and the customer service rep is trying to tell me Princess no longer sends them and you get everything online. I ask her about our luggage tags and she says you now print them online. Paper luggage tags, this is getting good! I then get a supervisor who checks into this for me and after checking their tracking number, tells me Princess mailed them to Expedia 2 1/2 weeks but Expedia can't find them. We still have plenty of time(35 days) but the excitement really starts when we have the pre cruise docs in hand. What is the normal time frame for receiving these?

Thanks, Bill

Hi, Bill

See my post a couple of posts back and you will see that I got mixed messages myself from our online TA and Princess about the precruise packets. Our time frame? Paid our cruise in full on the 13th of July, printed boarding passes on the 23rd of July and got our pre-cruise packet this morning when I checked our mail at the post office (PO Box), so it was delivered within the last couple of days. According to the Princess website, the packets are generated and mailed out within 75 days of the cruise, so ours came in right on schedule.

I arrived with no luggage tags and the Princess rep at the dock handed me tags at that point.

Having watched the chaos of untagged baggage do make sure that if you do not have an official tag then the bags are marked clearly with your name and cabin number - that way they will eventually find their way to you (not as quickly though). Even if I have an offical tag I will also put the details on another label.

This is the exact situation that I would foresee if no one got luggage tags in advance. 3000+ passengers with probably 10,000+ bags between them all and everyone trying to tag their luggage as they are embarking onto the ship? What else would it be but chaos?

But, hold that thought, as we did get our pre-cruise packet this morning with our luggage tags :D :D :D :D :D :D even after being told that Princess is no longer sending out pre-cruise packets and will hand out luggage tags at the pier. Maybe we are transitional?

Hi, Bill

See my post a couple of posts back and you will see that I got mixed messages myself from our online TA and Princess about the precruise packets. Our time frame? Paid our cruise in full on the 13th of July, printed boarding passes on the 23rd of July and got our pre-cruise packet this morning when I checked our mail at the post office (PO Box), so it was delivered within the last couple of days. According to the Princess website, the packets are generated and mailed out within 75 days of the cruise, so ours came in right on schedule.

Hi Dixie Lee,

I see you are going on the Crown October 6th. We are going on the September 6th sailing on the Crown. I went to check the roll call of our cruise and it seems like everyone else has their pre docs. Well we still have 35 days to get them. We were on the Caribbean Princess in January and loved the ship. 35 days and counting.Can't wait!!!

Bill

As I said in a previous post I did get my luggage tags directly from Princess.

Unfortunately, its too late for us to receive a package as we are sailing on the 10th of this month. I think that the TA's whether they be online or other need to get this situation straightened out. I know that we enjoy getting our document package and reviewing all the information that it contains. If Princess is no longer sending these things out then why do some people receive them and others do not. I feel cheated........and I let all involved know it......

Hi Dixie Lee,

I see you are going on the Crown October 6th. We are going on the September 6th sailing on the Crown. I went to check the roll call of our cruise and it seems like everyone else has their pre docs. Well we still have 35 days to get them. We were on the Caribbean Princess in January and loved the ship. 35 days and counting.Can't wait!!!

Bill

Hi, Bill,

This must be your first sailing on the Crown? Ours, too. I'm excited for you! Have a great cruise!

As I said in a previous post I did get my luggage tags directly from Princess.

Unfortunately, its too late for us to receive a package as we are sailing on the 10th of this month. I think that the TA's whether they be online or other need to get this situation straightened out. I know that we enjoy getting our document package and reviewing all the information that it contains. If Princess is no longer sending these things out then why do some people receive them and others do not. I feel cheated........and I let all involved know it......

You are so right! Everyone loves getting their pre-cruise packet - part of the anticipation and excitement! Yes, someone needs to get this straight. I was really surprised to get them this morning since our TA emailed me yesterday to tell me that Princess is no longer sending them out. By the time I asked this question, our pre-cruise packet had not only been mailed out, but was sitting in our post office box. And it came directly from Princess.

Archived