Matching watch and bracelet

iowagirl411

DH just gave me a matching set of bracelet, watch and earrings for my birthday. Am I supposed to wear the watch and bracelet together? Both on the same wrist? One on each wrist? Each is about a half inch wide with marchasite and "diamonds". They really sparkle and are definately "cruise friendly".

What a sweet guy....any special reason or just because? I wear (daily) a watch and bracelet on one wrist and two bracelets on the other (all David Yurman so in the same family so to speak.) That is how I wear what I own. Will be interesting to hear what others do...

:) Hi...oh your jewelery sounds beautiful! I have a bracelet and earrings that are marcasite too......they dress up an outfit in a heartbeat!

I think you can wear them on the same wrist or opposite each other...whatever you feel most comfortable doing:D It is 2004...In my opinion, you can throw out any "rules"...where what you like! I have gold on my right wrist.....and wear a watch on my left...and most of my watches are in the "silver or white metal" family..or they are silver faces with different color leather straps....so I mix and match all the time. (though I do have a dress watch with a gold bezel;) and pretty black strap).

Your hubby did great and enjoy your jewelery:)

Iowa - what a lovely gift!! What a sweetie of a hubby! Sounds like mine. ;)

I mix and match my jewelry, I don't always wear all silver or all gold. I mix and match them, too. In CT that seems to be the thing to do. I love the sound of yours and I don't think however you decide to wear them will be wrong. Enjoy!

Lucky lady, I'll bet they're gorgeous!

There are no jewelry rules. Wear it however you like it best. I think that's pretty much the consensus here.

You can wear marcasite/diamonds looks great w/silver or white gold also.

Do your own thing and it will be great!

• 2 years later...

I wear a tennis bracelet with my watch most days. It is a smaller bracelet, yellow gold, and I wear it with a two tone watch. It is a Rado so the crystal and band does not scratch.

I like the look when the proportions work.

I too wear my watch and diamond bracelet on the one wrist and then wear my more fun trendier bracelets on the other wrist. You'll be just fine wearing the way you like. :)

Archived