Big Red Boat?

We sailed on Majestic/Spirit of London in 1991.  It was such a wonderful experience that we attempted to sail on every Premier ship.  We did Rembrandt, Island Breeze, SeaBreeze, and OceanBreeze.  Booked on Rembrandt and Seawind Crown when we got word that the company had folded.  A very sad day.

• 2 weeks later...

The remains as her last iteration Ocean Dream, being dismantled:

The former star/ship Atlantic refloated in Goa and sent for scrap:

http://englishnews.thegoan.net/story.php?id=38352

The star/ship Oceanic scrapped in China and the star/ship Royal sunk (as SeaBreeze) off the mid Atlantic US coast.

These were the original PCL ships during it's days as Official Cruise Line of Walt Disney World.  All of which were my home for some time.  Always painful to see the end.

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2008 at 9:42 PM, mrgame101 said:

Its funny you mention the horn. I do not remember much from that cruise. But I do remember that! And I remember the white plastic cups that hat the big red boat logo. Looking at someones pictures I still cant believe how we thought that ship was big.

The new cruise ships make this one look like a bathtub toy boat... It was a terrific experience for my first cruise in 1991...

20190207_192126.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 8:06 AM, jerseycruiser1208 said:

Originally it was the Oceanic and sailed out of New York to the Caribbean for seven days. It was part of an Italian line at the time and was  a great ship. Sailed on it for my honeymoon in 1976, great memories.

The Oceanic was built for Home Lines in 1965.  She actually retained the name Oceanic for her entire career (well, Star/Ship Oceanic for her time with Premier).  The Big Red Boat was just a nickname.

I love seeing this topic. I sailed on the Big Red Boat for a high school band trip back in 2000. About 100 of us kids on 2 buses drove from Ontario Canada down to Florida to board the 4 day cruise to Bahamas and back. Although I didn't sail for years (until I had a job and could afford my own cruise), it definitely got me hooked on cruising! ❤️ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 9:51 PM, EMBFlyer said:

The Oceanic was built for Home Lines in 1965.  She actually retained the name Oceanic for her entire career (well, Star/Ship Oceanic for her time with Premier).  The Big Red Boat was just a nickname. 

We sailed on the Oceanic when I was 7 or 8, my first cruise,  1966 or 1967.  Sail from NYC to Nassau over Thanksgiving.  We hit a hurricane Thanksgiving day, I was one of the only passengers not seasick.  I remember having dinner with the crew, as they did not serve in the dinning rooms because the weather was so bad.  Wonderful memories, still love to cruise. 

• 3 weeks later...

My very first cruise was on The Big Red Boat after I graduated from college.  I had not desire to go whatsoever but, my parents coaxed me to go since they were paying.  If only my parents would have realized the addiction they were starting....lol.  I loved it.  Actually my mom jokes around telling me they should have left me home.