Travel Channel Reminder

Just saw Carolyn on the Dangers show. Talking about Norovirus now. Funny how that got to be "The Cruise Ship" virus. I (along with everyone else in my group) got it in Paris. At least in Paris you can go straight to the pharmacy and ask for anti-nausea, anti-viral, etc. Wouldn't want to be locked in my room for 3 days, especially an inside room on a ship.

I saw the show and thank god for something different, FINALLY! That made cruising look as fun and as cool as it actually is....I looked again on my tivo, the host DID know how to pronounce Cannes, he puposely mispronounced it at first as a joke and pointed it out.

There were actually 2 shows on Voyager one from the Caribbean and one from the Med, and sandwiched in between were the shows on "Do's and Don'ts and Safety". My son and his girlfriend are booked to go on Voyager next March when it she comes to Galveston, he was excited before this show now he's going to be unbearable. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen the Do's and Don'ts show or the Med show will try to watch those recordings this weekend.

d

I saw the show and thank god for something different, FINALLY! That made cruising look as fun and as cool as it actually is....I looked again on my tivo, the host DID know how to pronounce Cannes, he puposely mispronounced it at first as a joke and pointed it out.

I was kind of put off that he said it wrong b/c "I'm a cruiser now" -- as if all cruisers are ignorant, backwoods tourists.

Many cruisers I know are some of the most well-traveled, intelligent people I know (including myself, ha!) :D

But it was a great cruise -- I'd love to go on that one!

I was kind of put off that he said it wrong b/c "I'm a cruiser now" -- as if all cruisers are ignorant, backwoods tourists.

Many cruisers I know are some of the most well-traveled, intelligent people I know (including myself, ha!) :D

But it was a great cruise -- I'd love to go on that one!

You have to admit, though, that some of the most UNintelligent travelers are cruisers as well...and I say that as a dedicated cruiser myself. My favorite question I ever heard was "What's at the top of that mountain? Is there another beach up there?"

You have to admit, though, that some of the most UNintelligent travelers are cruisers as well...and I say that as a dedicated cruiser myself. My favorite question I ever heard was "What's at the top of that mountain? Is there another beach up there?"

You are right also!

I just feel like it's kind of a stereotype..but all stereotypes are built on some bit of truth!

That question is hilarious!!

What I found interesting--is that this cruise also docks at Livorno--which is near Pisa and Florence.

Why no mention of that port at all? :confused:

I found out that that particular cruise had to divert and never ported in Florence due to bad weather and rough seas. That's never happened on any of my cruises, thank god!!

Archived