switching cruises?

I was wondering if anyone could help me b4 contacting rc. I have put a down payment on a cruise in November, the total payment is due in about a month. I want to cancel that trip and carry the money over to a later cruise, but the exact same one in terms of ship and location, is this possible?

Are you saying that you plan to rebook on the same cruise and keep the cabin you already have? Is there a discount you are trying to acquire? If so, RCI will usually honour any discounts so just call and ask them.

If not, the worse that can happen is that you call and explain what you want to do and see if you get a nice agent who will help you. We have done it in the past onboard. Cancelled our booking, had to pick another cabin for the next booking, made that booking, and then asked the C&A rep to switch the cabins. Whole process took 15 minutes. All went OK.

Key thing to ensure is that the fare for the cruise has not increased since you booked it.

Hope this helps.

Kathy

By location, do you mean itinerary or cabin. If it's itineary there shouldn't be a problem. If it's cabin, it's often difficult to get the same one. Either way, you will have to pay the going rate of the new sailing. We changed the other day and the RCCL transfer our deposit from one booking to the other. Hope this helps.

We have had to change weeks of the cruise, due to hubby going to school for his job, and had no problems. We couldn't get the same cabin though, which I wanted since it was on the hump, and I've wanted to try one of those. We had no problems with the money transfer though, with RCI.

Kathy

Yea its the same cruise in terms of where we are going i just cant go in november, i need to go later possibly feb or march, and no biggie about the room i just want the money to go toward the new date. thanks for all your help, looks like i'll be calling rcc :P

When you call RCI just say you have a booking reference -- give them the number and tell them you want to change your booking to such and such. That way they do not cancel and recharge you for the booking.

Good Luck.

Kathy

Archived