Alaska Cruise Blog - On the Sun Princess

SeaTeacher

We finished our first 7 day Inside Passage cruise today on the beautiful Sun Princess from our hometown of Seattle.

If you are interested, you can read my blog and view 132 pictures from the trip on my website. Just click the link in my signature below.

John:

I loved your website...I'll have to go back to view more as the steaks are marinating and the grill needs to be heated up! Just wanted you to know how much I appreciated your AK pix as I'm heading out on that cruise in a couple of weeks. I'm preparing to fall in love with Ketchikan...

Your home remodel is fabulous--just finished mine--bet we could 'dish' about that for weeks (probably empty the wine cellar!). Magnolia Bluff--love it there!

You and Gene seem to have "it" and I wish you the best. Your mom and dad look like stellar folks--you're lucky to have each other.

My story began in SEA, moved to SAN and then landed at PDX...and music was also the thing for me. Unfortunately I got bad advice so all I play now is the radio and a keyboard!

Anyway...thanks for putting together such fabulous videos, etc.

D Ann

P.S. When you're ready to hit upper AK let me know and I'll give you all you need to know to have a fabulous time. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting your blog!:)

Off subject: You live in Seattle... can you recommend a good vegetarian restaurant or two? Thanks.

Yes. The most praised vegetarian restaurant in Seattle is Cafe Flora on East Madison Street. It's upscale.

I can also recomend Amaya's Vegetarian Place on NE 45th near U of WA. They get high ratings too. It's Thai cuisine.

Other than those places I don't have other suggestions. I am a meat eater. I can tell you most Seattle places I go to have vegi options because there are many vegans in this town.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

I went to your blogsite to read about the Alaska cruise, but I saw your post just yesterday about the loss of your dear partner Gene. Tears came to my eyes reading about your ordeal, and I whispered a prayer for both you and Gene. Please accept the sympathy of a stranger, and fellow CC member.

Carrie

• 5 months later...

this is my first time in cruise critic-I'm trying to obtain information on my first cruise-going to Alaska on Princess Coral Sees in May-then by train to Denali national park-wondering about clothing, shoes etc-thanks for any help you can give me

• 2 months later...
this is my first time in cruise critic-I'm trying to obtain information on my first cruise-going to Alaska on Princess Coral Sees in May-then by train to Denali national park-wondering about clothing, shoes etc-thanks for any help you can give me

I am going on an Alaska July 2008 cruise on Celebbrity Infinity. From blogs i have been reading. I know you should bring some nice binoculars. Thats really all of have looked into so far. I hope this will help you in anyway. Have fun on your cruise!

I am going on a Alaska Celebrity Infinity cruise. Its depature point is Seatle. Since you live in Seatle do you know of any good low priced hotel. Maybe ones that is facing toward the dock where the boat will pull in.

What does low priced mean? I can tell you this: there are no hotels that face the cruise dock for less than $200/night during peak season.

Seattle is a big city with big prices compared to some other cities (though also less than some others). Tell me your range and I can make some recommendations.

Archived