Nassau - Bahamian Kitchen

sns101

We just returned from Nassau on the Sensation. We tried the Bahamian Kitchen on Friday, 8/3. The food was delicious!

It's tucked back off the main street by a couple of blocks, so you have to search it out. There are yellow banner signs, but they are high up on the street posts and easily missed if you're not looking for them.

We were one of only three tables occupied that evening. The conch chowder was DELICIOUS, and I'm not a big conch fan, so that's saying something! DH had the broiled red snapper (a whole fish, not a fillet so be warned), I had the grouper fingers (strips, so I wouldn't have to deal with bones LOL) and our son had the steamed chicken. It was all delicious, especially the rice-n-peas on the side. The breading on the fried grouper fingers was very light, nothing like British fish-and-chips or American fried fish. The waitress seemed very pleased that we came and was eager to show off native cuisine. With a couple of Kaliks, dinner for three came to $40. We really liked it and would return again.

Another note on downtown Nassau - they really do roll up the sidewalks at night! Other than restaurants (and the obnoxiously loud Senor Frogs) nothing was open. We did not really want to shop, but I was surprised that NONE of the shops were open on a Friday night. If you want to shop, make sure you do it early if you have another excursion planned.

Archived