Roll Call - Carnival Celebration 12/24/07

Simru12

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi David, I will be on this xmas cruise with my gf and the in-laws. We booked early but I just got around to posting. This will be our 2nd cruise. We did a similar cruise to Nassau on Norwegian out of NY last year and loved it. Met some great people at FOD that we still keep in touch with.

I did so much research for that one, but since the family took the reigns in booking this one, I haven't really done much yet. Looking forward to Key West though. Any places you suggest we check out?

Hi David, I will be on this xmas cruise with my gf and the in-laws. We booked early but I just got around to posting. This will be our 2nd cruise. We did a similar cruise to Nassau on Norwegian out of NY last year and loved it. Met some great people at FOD that we still keep in touch with.

I did so much research for that one, but since the family took the reigns in booking this one, I haven't really done much yet. Looking forward to Key West though. Any places you suggest we check out?

Hi Again Goldilocks. (Posted in the Roll Call under Celebration)

I'm QUITE glad there will be more FOD on board. Was starting to think it was just going to be hubby and I.

We've been to Key West a few times. The mother of a good friend of ours owns a house there, so we've had a free place to stay. (Well, our 'rent' was cleaning the pool and fixing the deck) We're planning on having lunch with her and her Mom, but still plan on doing some shopping / drinking there. Red Fish Blue Fish is a great place for lunch. And you can't leave without trying the frozen Chocolate Covered Key Lime Pie on a Stick.

A visit to Kino Sandals is always a good bet. Dozens of styles of handmade leather sandals at around $10-15 each. Mine are 6 years old and still in great shape, but I have to get more. Just because.

Your other post said there were going to be 10 or so in your group. Is it just you and the GF that are FOD? Not a big deal, just wanted to have enough to get an FOD party sometime.

See you in 49 days.

David and Jeff

Ha ha, looks like we are cross posting. I just posted on the regular roll call and should have checked here first. Its just my gf and I. Her sister and brother-in-law thought it might be a nice idea to do a family cruise and escape the stress of the holidays. I wish my family would have decided to come too but they are not really cruise people. At least 4 of us is a good start. I didn't see any FODs posting on my last trip and we ended up with a group of about 15 of us. Does Carnival do a scheduled FOD meeting? Thats were we met people last time.

We have never been to key west before so it should be fun. Told the gf that family time is nice, but I want the 3-4 hours in Key West to ourselves, ha ha. Thanks for the tip on the sandals. I need some, ha ha.

Archived