Sailing from nj in jan

Hi - I have never sailed out of NJ in January but....we did sail out of NJ this past June 2007 and Bermuda was still a little cooler than I expected however it was warm. I would say by the time you get to Bermuda it should be nice. My friends did your same trip last December and they loved it too. We went out of San Juan in January 2007 to the same islands you will be going to and believe it or not it was sooooo much hotter in January than June.....go figure. Once you hit the islands it will be BEAUTIFUL!!! enjoy your trip!!!!!

Im sailing from new jersey on jan 4 2008 on eos to caribbean 9days. Anyone ever sailed in the winter before? About how long until we can start breaking out the bathing suits?
It could be warm by the second day sometime or maybe not. Depends on the weather and there's no guarantee that it will be warm that second day. Definately will be very warm when you sail into Labadee the morning of the 3rd day.

I checked the weather history for Bermuda, which is off the coast of the Carolinas....in January 2007, the high temps were in the mid-to-upper 60's. My guess is that in January, you will have 2 days each way of cool-to-cold weather. I've been in Florida in January with high temps in the 40's and 50's!

figure cold. Plan on sweatshirts, jackets up on deck. First it's always cold at sea in the winter in our area. And you won't warm up till we hit florida. And that all depends too.

We've been in miami with temps in the 60's in january. Orlando once in january was colder there than here on long island when we got off the plane.

Coming back in early may to ny on a different cruise line, the temp chilled down as we passed florida.

Maybe we'll have a nice january like we did last year. We're on the same cruise.

I plan on packing jeans and long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts to wear the first 2 days there and 2 days back.

We enjoy sailing out of ny. But we'll see how it is in january. We already know that we are basically losing 3 days of warm sun. And the probability of not being able to do anything outside at all is pretty great. But we are secretly hoping to sail thru a snowstorm...lol Now that would be a first for us :D

We may be on this cruise, as well! Plan on it being pretty cold! I've lived in NJ my entire life, but just moved down to Arlington, VA in April. We're still deciding between this cruise and a 7 day out of San Juan..

I would pack a jacket for sure though..but sailing through a snowstorm would be pretty cool!

Archived