VOTE: Poll about DINING OPTIONS YOU PREFER!

momofmn00

Which type of Dining Options do you Prefer?  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of Dining Options do you Prefer?

• I prefer Assigned Dinner/Room Times
    • I prefer Open Freestyle Seating
    • I prefer both Open/Assigned seating options
    • I don't care!

And we have done this same type of poll thousands of times, it always comes out, people on Carnival prefer a set dining time.

So then maybe the question should be "why do you prefer a set dining time?"

For me, I like knowing I'm going to walk into the dining room, be seated right away & have a server who knows what I want. Our last waiter, Joseph, knew what drinks we wanted, how I wanted my beef prepared & all sorts of other things to make our dinner pleasurable. My tablemates agreed that Joseph was the best server any of us had ever had & one of the best parts of our vacation. I like being able to plan around my dinner time. I request the late seating so I can enjoy the excursions.

I didn't vote because I haven't tried freestyle so I don't know yet if I would like it. "I don't care" didn't seem to be the right response since I don't know if I care. Maybe you should have put "I don't know" on the poll too. :)

And we have done this same type of poll thousands of times, it always comes out, people on Carnival prefer a set dining time.

Are all the posters going for the World Record on this poll? Or do they just keep posting a poll until one day they may get the results they want? How many ways can you say, dining room/dress up/timed?

Freestyle dining is great if you can get a table for 2. Otherwise you may feel like you are being herded in like cattle! We had a set time/table a couple of years ago & enjoyed it. At our table for 8, we sat with a couple who were very friendly and we had a lot in common. Then, a group of four sat with us. It included a very pretty wife and her husband, and her two sisters. They gave us such entertainment. As we soon learned, the husband was NOT in charge, yet paid for all 4. He was their errand boy, etc. and every time he left the table they would call him the funniest names! (The poor man!) We still laugh about them! So, as you can see, it may be more entertaining to have set time and tablemates.;)

Alexis in Texas

I vote to set up a poll to see if we should have a poll to determine whether or not there are too many pointless polls.
How about a poll on "poles" ? That could be a poll on people of Polish decent or a poll on pole dancing......:p

I know which pole poll I'll pick......:D

Freestyle dining is great if you can get a table for 2. Otherwise you may feel like you are being herded in like cattle! Alexis in Texas

So as for comparing the two' date=' can we say freestyle is somewhat like breakfast & lunch in the dining room on Carnival? :confused: [/color']

DH & I went to brakfast in the Dining Room once while aboard the Conquest; but we stated the same thing after finishing....that we felt like cattle being herded around....:eek:

Are all the posters going for the World Record on this poll? Or do they just keep posting a poll until one day they may get the results they want? How many ways can you say, dining room/dress up/timed?

Personally, I guess I do polls just because I am interested in what everyones oppinions are......:o

Not everyone has a sense of time when they are on vacations. Having a set dining time helps the planner people (like me) drag the non planner people (like every person I've ever cruised with) into a schedule.

Plus because of food allergies, I like having the same waiter every night.

Not everyone has a sense of time when they are on vacations. Having a set dining time helps the planner people (like me) drag the non planner people (like every person I've ever cruised with) into a schedule.

Plus because of food allergies, I like having the same waiter every night.

True~If you were traveling with some of the people in my family you may NEVER get to eat if you didn't have a set time! :eek:

Archived