shopping in grand turk and nassau

danielleb25

hello. i got the idea of this thread from another thread that was asking on shopping. DH and i will be in the E. Carribean in about 2 weeks. i plan on shopping of course!! we are going to shop in Grand Turk and Nassau. where have you shopped? where will you shop again? where will you never shop again? what did you get? whats something i should look at purchasing? something you wish you would have purchased? something you wish you NEVER would have purchased? and if you respond with a store name please give approximate location of the store....i dont want to look like a tourist trying to find it! haha :p

ive asked before and i get nothing. this is for first time cruisers, im a first time cruiser, and it seems i get more input on these boards than the others. noone else had a problem with someone asking for shopping help in the western carribean. why should my post be any different?

I have not been to Turk and Caicos but I have been to Nassau several times, also Cozumel, Grand Cayman etc.-you will find the same junk pretty much in every sovenior type store, the only differance being whether the item says Nassau, Cozumel or whatever island. Grand Cayman does have a little nicer stuff the the other caribbean islands and Bermuda is the best of all for tha ttype stuff-although uit is not in the caribbean.

All the islands have the same jewelry stores with the over priced Tanzanite of poor quality-don't be stupid and buy that when you can at home get better quality for less money. who cares if it is "duty free" when you pay too much for poor quality.

ive asked before and i get nothing. this is for first time cruisers, im a first time cruiser, and it seems i get more input on these boards than the others. noone else had a problem with someone asking for shopping help in the western carribean. why should my post be any different?

There was no problem with your post, nor did I say there was. I thought that since you posted a question, you might really want answers (maybe not). When asking about specific places, you will get many more answers on that specific port board than in on very general board, as is the first time cruisers board. FYI, Grand Turk isn't that common of a port (becoming more so) so there is much less info on a very general board. Nassau on the other hand is fairly common so the info is easier to find, just as it is for the Western Caribbean.

And since you weren't getting any responses at the time I did respond, I was trying to let you know why.

hello. i got the idea of this thread from another thread that was asking on shopping. DH and i will be in the E. Carribean in about 2 weeks. i plan on shopping of course!! we are going to shop in Grand Turk and Nassau. where have you shopped? where will you shop again? where will you never shop again? what did you get? whats something i should look at purchasing? something you wish you would have purchased? something you wish you NEVER would have purchased? and if you respond with a store name please give approximate location of the store....i dont want to look like a tourist trying to find it! haha :p

I have never been to Grand Turk, but have visited Nassau numerous times. When I was in Nassau with some gal pals this past February, we shopped at the straw market for knock-off designer purses. They had the usual "brands" - Coach, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Dooney.

We all bought several and the quality is very good. Other than that, I don't usually shop for much more in Caribbean ports.

If you shop in Nassau's straw market in the summer, plan for it to be extremely hot. It's very tight quarters in there and it was even very warm in February.

Happy shopping AND cruising! :)

I have never been to Grand Turk, but have visited Nassau numerous times. When I was in Nassau with some gal pals this past February, we shopped at the straw market for knock-off designer purses. They had the usual "brands" - Coach, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Dooney.

We all bought several and the quality is very good. Other than that, I don't usually shop for much more in Caribbean ports.

If you shop in Nassau's straw market in the summer, plan for it to be extremely hot. It's very tight quarters in there and it was even very warm in February.

Happy shopping AND cruising! :)

In St. Marten I found a shop who claimed they were the real thing and not knowck offs-$50 for a sachtel sized Coach bag? Not likely!

Why do people want to buy knocks offs anyway? Not me. I just settle for a nice Stone Mountain bag. At least it is not a knock off- which others can tell by the quality of lack of.

Archived