Questions on Bully Tours in Aruba??

2Canucks

We will be on a cruise to Aruba in March and are interested in a tour with Bully. How do we reach him?

Thanks!

Mary Lou

Hi Mary Lou ...

You can reach Bully at the following email as he doesn't have a website.

We have him booked... for a "2 Van" Roll Call Island Tour with Beach stop in Feb/11 and are really looking forward to this tour with him. :D

bullytaxi79@hotmail.com

also here is a link to more info...

http://www.arubabound.com/transp/bully.htm

His real name Amador Lacle ...will appear on his reply.

Hope this helps.

Pat :)

His real name Amador Lacle ...will appear on his reply.

Hope this helps.

...and :) check your spam/junk folder just in case. I know mine hates "hotmail" :rolleyes: :( Either way, Bully is a terrific person and and a fabulous tour guide.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Pat, of 2Canucks:

I think I am on your 3/12 cruise on the Connie.

My self and a friend (both women) have been looking for something to do in Aruba. Is there room on your "2 van" tour for two more senior ladies, who enjoy taking photos, don't need walkers or canes and are frequent travelers but not complainers?

Many thanks,

Edited by AuntieStorm

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Pat, of 2Canucks:

I think I am on your 3/12 cruise on the Connie.

My self and a friend (both women) have been looking for something to do in Aruba. Is there room on your "2 van" tour for two more senior ladies, who enjoy taking photos, don't need walkers or canes and are frequent travelers but not complainers?

Many thanks,

Hi AuntieStorm...

Sorry we did the Feb 12/11 Constellation cruise. We had 2 vans from our Roll Call for our Feb22/11 Bully tour of Aruba...Bully 1st van and Ivan for the 2nd van...Great Tour Day!

FYI...In Aruba ...by Law they can only have up to 5 people in a van ... nice and roomy not crowded at all.

Enjoy your cruise.

Bully generally does a 2 hr. or 3 hr. tour. He tries to cover whatever you are interesting in seeing. If you email him, he has suggestions for both tours. We had been there before, so we told him what we had seen before and left the rest up to him. Most people want to go to Arikok National Park, California Lighthouse, see the beach areas, etc.

Thanks Pat of 2Canucks. I realized you were about a month ahead of me AFTER I posted the question.:o I contacted Bully via email and he is (of course) already booked. He gave me the email for Ivan, but of course, he is also booked.:(

What can I expect, I waited too late and there are probably about 5 ships in port with us.:eek:

Thanks Pat of 2Canucks. I realized you were about a month ahead of me AFTER I posted the question.:o I contacted Bully via email and he is (of course) already booked. He gave me the email for Ivan, but of course, he is also booked.:(

What can I expect, I waited too late and there are probably about 5 ships in port with us.:eek:

Auntie, try contacting the taxi driver Cerry http://pitaruba.com/

I just went on an amazing tour with Bully two weeks ago. He will take you "up close and personal" to the best sights that the big tour buses can't go to. A must see would be to go to the "wild" side of the island, to see the caves and the rugged seas. If you've never been there before, I would also recommend a drive down through the resort areas, and California Lighthouse. I think these are all pretty standard with Bully's tours. We just got back from 17 days in Aruba and used Bully almost exclusively for transportation. He is a wonderful man. You will have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from a two week Caribbean cruise and 5 of us toured with Bully on Monday March 21st. We had a WONDERFUL time and Bully could not have been a better tour guide!! :cool:

He is so very sweet and has lived on the island all his life. In addition to all the regular island stops he took us to the Donkey Sanctuary which was the highlight of the tour for me! :D

Any questions, I'll be happy to answer. Just know that you are in good hands with Bully as your tour guide/driver in Aruba!!

It is great to hear you enjoyed Bully's hospitality.

Were you able to feed the donkeys?

Yes we fed the donkeys! :)

It is a wonderful place. There is no admittance fee and the food is just $1 for a large bag of dry pellets that they love! When you first go in you are right amongst the donkeys and there are a lot of them! :D

Then they wisely put you up on a porch behind a fence so that the donkeys don't overwhelm you trying to get to the food. I truly loved it! :cool:

Yes we fed the donkeys! :)

It is a wonderful place. There is no admittance fee and the food is just $1 for a large bag of dry pellets that they love! When you first go in you are right amongst the donkeys and there are a lot of them! :D

Then they wisely put you up on a porch behind a fence so that the donkeys don't overwhelm you trying to get to the food. I truly loved it! :cool:

Thanks :), I just wanted to know if the next time we go we needed to swing by the supermarket first.

LOL, we found out how overwhelming they can be the hard way. :eek: We brought apples and carrots in with us and the donkeys swarmed all around us. Finally one of the volunteers spotted us and called us up to the porch so it was not a free for all. They even supplied a knife to cut up the apples.

Donkey-Sanctuary-05_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

As in cruisers' previous chats, Bully sounds terrific. How far in advance should you email Bully (we are cruising in March, 2012) to make arrangements and do you pay when you get to Aruba or in advance?

If you are going in March, go ahead and email him now. March is one of his busiest months, because that's still during the winter cruise season. There were 7 ships in port when I was there last Feb. and that slows down during spring and summer. He told us that he was very booked up last March. You don't need to pay him until you finish the tour. Between this forum and a few others, Bully has become extremely popular, and rightly so!

As in cruisers' previous chats, Bully sounds terrific. How far in advance should you email Bully (we are cruising in March, 2012) to make arrangements and do you pay when you get to Aruba or in advance?

We are also going in March. I was wondering about his tour. Did you book it yet?

Bully has a large air conditioned van which holds 5 people comfortably.

bully_card.jpg

For a tour, personally I would email him and give him an idea of what you are interested in and then see what he would suggest.

If you read through all of the posts in this thread you will find reviews of his tours.

Based upon the number of hours of your tour, he will customize where he takes you. If there are specific spots you wish to see, let him know in advance so that if they are not already built into his tour, he can plan in advance.

As Hatteras51 said, he does book up quickly. Book him as soon as your plans are "firm". We have booked him for airport pickups 10 months in advance and then simply confirm the pickup the week before we arrive. In five years he has never let us down.

You can email him at bullytaxi79@hotmail.com. The reply will be from Amador Lacle. Make sure you check your spam/junk folder. ;)

$45 hours per hour for private tours. Taxis by law are only allowed to take a maximum of five people.

If you have more than 5 people in your party do a search here for "Sonny Binns"

Caroline, you are very welcome. :)

I second the thanks! We had Bully booked for our March 2012 cruise and reserved 2 vans. But then you posted about Sonny and I emailed him; he was available so i cancelled Bully. I hated to do that but now all 8 of us can ride in the same vehicle.

So ArubaLisa...thanks for all your help and advice!

• 2 weeks later...