Questions on Bully Tours in Aruba??

2Canucks

• 2 months later...

we just returned from our cruise and booked Bully on Nov. 9th for 3 hrs. he was as good and even better then the previous reviews have stated about him. I wouldn't hesitate to book him again as he made sure we got to see his island and all that it offered and he made sure that we got plenty of pictures. well done Bully.:)

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back two weeks ago from The Miracle and stopped in Aruba. We had 5 people from our roll call and booked Bully. He was great and went out of his way to make us happy and help us get pictures. He even stopped at his favorite bakery on the island and bought us all whatever pastry we wanted. He was cool. We'd never hesitate to use him again.

We arrived and walked off the Zuiderdam about 12:50 and took a quick peek at the twelve or so shops inside the terminal before we met Bully who was waiting for us before our scheduled time. What a great person and tour guide. We had previously scheduled a three hour tour of the island with him. He explained that it was hard to set a schedule due to traffic and that anything over three hours would be "on the house." As we were departing the city (in heavy traffic), he showed us the best shopping areas for later, talked about the government jurisdictions, explained the school system, economy and lots of other things. He was a true ambassador of the island. We saw most of the highlights including ?the big hill?, the desert and many cacti, the former natural bridge and it's smaller cousin, Bushiribana gold mine with its gorgeous views, California lighthouse and its views, Alto Vista chapel, the high-rise and low-rise hotels and condos before arriving back at the ship. Bully had some refreshments in the car and stopped at his favorite bakery and treated us to a local delicacy. After about three and a half hours, he dropped us in the shopping area with precise instructions about how to get back to the ship. We took lots of pictures from just the right places as Bully knew exactly where they were and how to get the right lighting.

He explained that it was hard to set a schedule due to traffic and that anything over three hours would be "on the house." As we were departing the city (in heavy traffic), ...
This is a fabulous testimony to Bully. :)

I have a friend who arrived in Aruba today. There was a demonstration in front of parliament (not typical) and the normal trip from the airport to her timeshare should have been 25 minutes on a BAD day. Today it took TWO HOURS.

• 7 months later...

If you read through all of the posts in this thread you will find reviews of his tours.

Based upon the number of hours of your tour, he will customize where he takes you. If there are specific spots you wish to see, let him know in advance so that if they are not already built into his tour, he can plan in advance.

As Hatteras51 said, he does book up quickly. Book him as soon as your plans are "firm". We have booked him for airport pickups 10 months in advance and then simply confirm the pickup the week before we arrive. In five years he has never let us down.

You can email him at bullytaxi79@hotmail.com. The reply will be from Amador Lacle. Make sure you check your spam/junk folder. ;)

If you have more than 5 people in your party do a search here for "Sonny Binns"

bully_card.jpg

The reply will be from Amador Lacle. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder if you believe you have not received a reply.

Thank you I do appreciate it I am gonna email Mr. Bully now.

Again thank you and have a great day!!

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
per Rich Text & Graphic Images in the Guidelines, post is too large. Returned post to normal size.

Howdy FLG8RGRL!

You do not have to post your Cruise Critic Countdown Clock inside your post. It caused some problems that way on your above post.

To help you out, I have placed your Countdown Clock in your signature where it belongs. That way, it will appear at the bottom of your posts automatically.

For more information about Countdown clocks: How to set one up! , click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=545140 for the Sticky. Another Sticky that might be of interest to you is titled How to add the cruises I have been on & my photo each time I post? at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1152127.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful!

Kat 50.gif

Dear Kat,

Thank you so much for your help I really do appreciate it. i do want to do the past sailings as well may need your help again but do the link you sent me..

Thanks

You are most welcome!

Check out the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163 anytime you have questions about the "How to ..." type of information for using the Cruise Critic software such as avatars, signatures, countdown clocks or tickers, thread subscriptions, etc. We have many Sticky posts at the top of the forum since soooo many of the same questions are asked over... and over... and over again.05.gif Also, click here FAQ for more help.

Glad to be of service,

Kat 50.gif

Dear Arubalisa,

I did email Bully and :( he was booked is booked for Thurs. Oct. 9th but did recommend his colleague Ivan and sent me his email. So I will see how that pans out..

Thank you,

Hopefully Ivan will be able to accommodate you. Bully would not recommend anyone he did not feel was capable or reliable. I have met Ivan and he is nice, knowledgeable and dependable as well.

Ivan ijgordijk@setarnet.aw is a gentleman just like Bully. Again, Bully would not put his reputation on the line and recommend someone unless he had the utmost faith in them.

If you do a search here on the forum I believe you will find some reviews for Ivan and his tours.

Edited by Arubalisa
addtl info

• 1 month later...

I apologize if this has already been asked, but what type of places does he stop at? It sounds like he is very flexible. Does he stop at areas with history, shops, views etc? I'm not a big fan of shopping so I was wondering. I appreciate all of your help. :D He sounds wonderful.:)

Edited by Droop

We use Bully exclusively whenever we vacation in Aruba. His tours are fantastic. He can take you wherever you want to go, and get there before all of the tour buses. Probably on a 3 hr. tour he could take you to the "wild side" of the island and you could tour the caves, rock formations, drive along the coast, then head over to the lighthouse and see the hotel and beach area. This is just an idea. He can also drop you off at the beach area at the end, and you can take the bus back to the ship, which is very easy. If you email him with places you would like to see, he can tell you how much time you need. If you aren't sure where you'd like to go, just tell him whether you want the 3 or 4 hour tour, and he will make suggestions. Bully's tours are the best we have ever taken in any port, hands down. We already have him booked for out next Aruba vacation in February. Just don't wait because he books up quickly. Last I heard, the tours were $45.00 an hour, and well worth every penny.

Edited by Hatteras51

I apologize if this has already been asked, but what type of places does he stop at? It sounds like he is very flexible. Does he stop at areas with history, shops, views etc? I'm not a big fan of shopping so I was wondering. I appreciate all of your help. :D He sounds wonderful.:)

His tours are usually history and sightseeing. They don't usually include shopping, but I'm sure he is willing to drop people off at the shopping areas if that's what they want. Since shopping is not what you're looking for, his tours should be perfect for you.

Edited by Hatteras51

• 2 months later...

I am "enjoying" so much all the responses in regard to Bully Taxi. I just found out about it a few days ago.

I understand he furnishes water or "beer." We do not drink, so is it just water and beer, or does he have soda pop?

I don't think Bully has provided any beverages in the last two years. We've ridden with him many times on our last two Aruba trips and have toured with him, and no beverages were provided. He often stops at a wonderful bakery on his tours, which has snacks and beverages.