PRINCESS says jeans ok on Princess?

PescadoAmarillo

Originally Posted by stellalimelight

I really don't worry about what other people wear, except for the man that I saw try to enter the dining room with a T-shirt that said Eat Me on it.

Maybe he was after a 'date'!:D

My teenage son said I should explain my attempt at a joke (above) which was an effort to take the seriousness out of the situation!

'Eat me' is an advertising slogan for boxes of dates!

Well maybe tvaud will post the Patters page that says no jeans soon. Just hard to grasp their copy stated every day no jeans and yours didn't. I have asked tvaud to snap a pic and hopefully soon the mystery will be solved why yours was different than theirs.

I do know when we took this ship myself twice and my sister 3 times, they did not post the dress code every day. They explained it in the beginning and thereafter stated whether it was formal or smart casual on the Patters after that.

Also hard to comprehend why some constantly see every nite they say people turned away from the dining room when I have never seen anyone turned away. I don't know if I am missing something or if I am just too busy enjoying the time with the ones I am with. Did you see anyone turned away Peter?

All I really want is give us the code that is non-conflicting on the website, correct in the Answer Book and correct in the Patters so all of us know what is expected for the cruise and these cause for questions to start these debates that never get anywhere can cease to exist. I don't want to be dressed dressier than others and don't want to be dressed down than the others. Is this so hard to get a straight answer? No short-sleeves shirts on Formal nights in the Patters is one I'll never understand and one that doesn't even exist on the website on the Answer book so how can one comply with this? Women are going to wear short-sleeves or sleeveless or strapless gowns and what men wear under their dinner coats is their business.

In 30 odd cruises on all of the mainstream cruise lines I have never seen anyone ever denied access to the dining room on any night, no matter what they were wearing.

I simply love all the hoopla regarding what others wear to dinner as if it has some bearing on their lives. Along with the associated emphasis on either choosing other cruise lines, other entirely different holidays, or eating elsewhere.

So far it appears that those who do not wish to go the Barbie and Ken route are quite happy wearing what they wish. Whilst the other side just can't quite accept that others do not wish to do as they do and "follow the rules", "show respect", etc etc etc.

The best one though is that this is usually followed by someone who states it is just the "me me me" attitude. However the same also applies to them. I want you to be dressed up because otherwise I have a bad time, while denying they are doing anything other than "following the rules" as if that makes some sort of difference

Those of us that do not dress up enjoy ourselves thoroughly and do not care how others decide to clothe themselves. Whilst the other side moan and complain that their "formal night" fantasies just cannot be complete unless everyone else is dressed in the same uniform like brainless automatons marching in unison to dinner.

So based on this, I would have to say that for those that care this deeply about how others dress should find a holiday that caters to them. They will then be surrounded by other like minded individuals who they can discuss the serious issues of the day such as the best formal outfit and how many sets of shoes that they carted with them, and perhaps decry the lack of space to handle their 18 cases and 20 or so steamer trunks for their 4 day voyage. Because the mass market cruise lines simply do not care about dress codes and show it every day on every ship.

Cheers,

Peter

In 30 odd cruises on all of the mainstream cruise lines I have never seen anyone ever denied access to the dining room on any night, no matter what they were wearing.

I simply love all the hoopla regarding what others wear to dinner as if it has some bearing on their lives. Along with the associated emphasis on either choosing other cruise lines, other entirely different holidays, or eating elsewhere.

So far it appears that those who do not wish to go the Barbie and Ken route are quite happy wearing what they wish. Whilst the other side just can't quite accept that others do not wish to do as they do and "follow the rules", "show respect", etc etc etc.

The best one though is that this is usually followed by someone who states it is just the "me me me" attitude. However the same also applies to them. I want you to be dressed up because otherwise I have a bad time, while denying they are doing anything other than "following the rules" as if that makes some sort of difference

Those of us that do not dress up enjoy ourselves thoroughly and do not care how others decide to clothe themselves. Whilst the other side moan and complain that their "formal night" fantasies just cannot be complete unless everyone else is dressed in the same uniform like brainless automatons marching in unison to dinner.

So based on this, I would have to say that for those that care this deeply about how others dress should find a holiday that caters to them. They will then be surrounded by other like minded individuals who they can discuss the serious issues of the day such as the best formal outfit and how many sets of shoes that they carted with them, and perhaps decry the lack of space to handle their 18 cases and 20 or so steamer trunks for their 4 day voyage. Because the mass market cruise lines simply do not care about dress codes and show it every day on every ship.

Cheers,

Peter

Amen!

'Eat me' is an advertising slogan for boxes of dates!

You Brits have a wicked sense of humor!

I have always questioned the editorial content of Cruise News Daily, particularly its related blog, but it does say that the "Jeans OK" rule was verified with Princess...that is the only reason I even posted the link here. Then, a Cruise Critic news article (dated four days earlier) says that Princess specifically said jeans weren't ok. And Princess isn’t the only cruise line with quoted inconsistencies between the two articles.

I am going to try to phone Cruise Critic Ass’t Editor Dan Askin today at the Cruise Critic contact number to ask him who his contacts were at the cruise lines (or at least Princess). I’ve also emailed an unknown at Cruise News Daily to see if they can explain why there might be discrepancies in the published stories, not because it will change my attire onboard ship but because, frankly, I’m intrigued that two stories, published the same week, can be so different. I’ll let you know if I hear anything.

Just a question. Are we becomming a country of lazy slobs that do not want to put our best foot forward.

I think we are a collection of many different ideas. The notion of "dressing for dinner" has and is being done away with by people who simply do not care to do so any longer.

It is one of those useless traditions like wearing ties, spats. hats, cloaks, petticoats, bustles, etc. and the list goes on.

Personally I feel that if you are bothered at all by what someone else wears, you really need to look at yourself to try to decide why you let other people's clothing bother you and why you feel you need to control what others do in order for you to feel good about yourself.

Cheers,

Peter

My family has been on several cruises, and I have noticed over the course of these cruises there are several different groups of passengers, one of them being those that tend to have a look at me attitude. They wear the cruise garb 24/7 and are more concerned over what others do and wear and say.

They seem very rude and "snooty" to me IMHO.

One common thread these cruisers seem to share is none of them seem to be having fun. They seldom if ever smile, never see them visiting the pool area, God forbid they participate in any on board activitate that would require them to raise their voices and actually laugh.

I thought crusing was supposed to be fun? At least for my family it is.

My wife and daughters all enjoy dressing to the nines so I go along with it, they do look elegant all gussied up.

But if we happen to be sitting next to someone that preferred to wear slacks or a nice pair of jeans in the dining room it doesn't take away in the least the iccredible glow my girls radiate.

It takes alot of effort and time to criticize others, and personally I'd rather spend that time having fun on our cruise~

Jeans, t-shirts and baseball caps. What terrible things American's have brought to the civilized world.

I think you'll find you left them outside and rang the bell. You're still working on membership as far as the rest of us are concerned..........:D

So Princess says Jeans are fine. Hee hee hee hee hee. Well folks, you've always said, no other arguments count other than that it's the Princess dress code, set by Princess, which must be respected in their canteen on their boat. So jeans are fine, and wearing them shows respect.

Nuff said then.

Why are there about 5 more pages on this thread? Mmmmmmmmmmm. Must read on...........

:)

IPersonally I feel that if you are bothered at all by what someone else wears, you really need to look at yourself to try to decide why you let other people's clothing bother you and why you feel you need to control what others do in order for you to feel good about yourself.

Cheers,

Peter

Personally, I feel that if ONE is bothered at all by what someone else wares, then one needs to look at themself in the mirror and try to decide why one lets others people's clothing brother them and why they you feel the need to control what others do in order for one to feel good about themselves. Maybe this is written in a better way to show your opinion.

1. How about less personal pronouns. It allows for good discussion and keeps some from feeling personal attack.

2. If I ware jeans, does that mean I can ware a jean skirt to the dinning room.

My family has been on several cruises, and I have noticed over the course of these cruises there are several different groups of passengers, one of them being those that tend to have a look at me attitude. They wear the cruise garb 24/7 and are more concerned over what others do and wear and say.

They seem very rude and "snooty" to me IMHO.

One common thread these cruisers seem to share is none of them seem to be having fun. They seldom if ever smile, never see them visiting the pool area, God forbid they participate in any on board activitate that would require them to raise their voices and actually laugh.

I thought crusing was supposed to be fun? At least for my family it is.

My wife and daughters all enjoy dressing to the nines so I go along with it, they do look elegant all gussied up.

But if we happen to be sitting next to someone that preferred to wear slacks or a nice pair of jeans in the dining room it doesn't take away in the least the iccredible glow my girls radiate.

It takes alot of effort and time to criticize others, and personally I'd rather spend that time having fun on our cruise~

There sure are a lot of assumptions in this statement.

Not having fun. They may be having a better time than you. Complaining may be a big part of thier life they enjoy!

It does not take much more effort to criticize than to be nice to people. Additionally it doesn't take any more time to complain about thoese wareing jeans is about those who think it is wrong to ware jeans as your statement indicates.

What does participating in crusie events have to do with wareing jeans in the dinning room? You seem to be saying that having an obnoxious personality at times is the only way to enjoy a cruise. Some people are just not as outgoing as others. Beleive it or not some people were raised that way. Personality development would take more time and space that we have on this thread.

Wow ... why do these topics all comeback to people making broad generalizations about a person's character or snobbishness based on what they wear.

Just as wearing jeans does NOT make someone a slob or disrepectful. The desire to dress up does NOT make someone a snob or judgemental.

It's like most things in life ... it's all about tolerance and making the effort to get to know and accept people regardless of personal preconceived notions.

I'm not jumping on anyone but we must be fair. I don't like to be judged for wearing jeans and it simply isn't fair to judge people who choose to not wear jeans.

As I recall, the topic is jeans on casual nights and Princess's policy on it.

Princess does has a published online statement about "no torn jeans". It is on their website under the frequently asked questions. No torn jeans means one may wear jeans but not torn. Haven't you seen this on the website?
Yes I have seen it on the website – I’ve also seen on the website where it states “no jeans,” as does the Cruise Answer book and as does the Patter and the sign at the dining room door. I’ve not disagreed that Princess policy is not clearly published. The other poster is the one who suggested that “no jeans” was the official policy of Princess – I was just following up on that contention. As is the usual, you don’t clearly read my posts.
You make it sound like I'm advocating a different dress code. In fact, I make it no secret I am trying NCL. You don't know if Princess is the best unless you try other cruiselines.
Right – that’s why after trying other cruise lines, I chose Princess. Now with what seems to be the passenger’s desire to make a cruise a camping trip, I might try somewhere else. In the meantime, what I think it sounds like is that while you dress according to the published guidelines, you encourage others to do otherwise…and again, I think that’s pretty hypocritical. Let us know how you enjoy your NCL cruise.
Please don't tell me that we are getting a 5-star meal from Princess when we are dressing up for formal nights because I will totally disagree with you.
Should I find this unusual? You disagree with me on everything. I don’t know why you’re trying to throw food quality into this debate – my reference to Home Town buffet had to do with the experience, not the quality of food. But just for the record, of my nearly 20 Princess cruises, I can count on one hand the number of sub-par meals I’ve had on board.

Which one is official Bd? They have two different versions on their website. I gave you the official link in the last post.
:confused: Brother...see above.
Didn't I tell you to be careful what you wish for? You must have liked that phrase to keep using it now.
I don't believe you did - I don't post anything here because of your influence. I do post quite a bit here because I think your opinions are so far off and I feel compelled to balance them.
You know you have so much experience on Princess lines and you really could use all that wisdom you have gained and help all the many newbies and their questions. I just don't understand why you don't and the majority of your posts are damage control type posts and taking up for Princess. Seriously, do you really believe Princess is the best line and it does no wrong?
I believe Princess is currently the best line for ME and really when it comes to choosing a cruise line for myself, ME is the only person who matters. I choose Princess based on my experience with their product and the product that they sell. When I have a couple of crappy cruises on Princess, then I’ll look elsewhere. In the meantime, if you fully read my posts here – wait…we’ve already established that you don’t – you see that yes, I think Princess does wrong. I think their dumbing-down of the cruise experience that they used to present so that they can fill their 3100 passenger ships and keep their stockholders happy has been a bad decision and has made the cruise line less desirable. On the other hand, I’ve been able to keep away from the mega-ships and the seven day itineraries that seem to attract those who don’t understand what a cruise experience can offer.

As for the rest of your comment, my posts can be helpful to “newbies” as you call them. For example, you say one can wear whatever they want to the dining room and I balance that with my experience which demonstrates that one can’t. I would say that’s pretty helpful to a new cruiser, wouldn’t you? Or would you prefer they take bad advice and be denied entrance to the dining room?

The only way you could possibly know if it is the best is to try others and I really don't see where you have tried too many to really say Princess is the best out there. They do have alot to offer of what I like but I cannot say they are the best until I cruise on others.
I don't understand your obsession with my choice of cruise line. You say that we should let people have the freedom to choose what they want to wear without comment – how come that doesn’t extend to brand of cruise line? Perhaps there are limits to your tolerance?

Please choose another cruise line - and choose again and choose again. As much as it takes to get you to where you're comfortable in life. But don't deny someone their right to be comfortable with their choice - being satisfied with one product doesn't mean one is missing out on anything - as you're so apt to imply.

Yes I have seen it on the website – I’ve also seen on the website where it states “no jeans,” as does the Cruise Answer book and as does the Patter and the sign at the dining room door. I’ve not disagreed that Princess policy is not clearly published. The other poster is the one who suggested that “no jeans” was the official policy of Princess – I was just following up on that contention. As is the usual, you don’t clearly read my posts. Right – that’s why after trying other cruise lines, I chose Princess. Now with what seems to be the passenger’s desire to make a cruise a camping trip, I might try somewhere else. In the meantime, what I think it sounds like is that while you dress according to the published guidelines, you encourage others to do otherwise…and again, I think that’s pretty hypocritical. Let us know how you enjoy your NCL cruise. Should I find this unusual? You disagree with me on everything. I don’t know why you’re trying to throw food quality into this debate – my reference to Home Town buffet had to do with the experience, not the quality of food. But just for the record, of my nearly 20 Princess cruises, I can count on one hand the number of sub-par meals I’ve had on board.

As I said to Peter, all I want as well as many other cruisers is a constant straight forward information from Princess. Not 2 conflicting statements on the Princess website about jeans with 1 saying no jeans and the other saying no torn jeans.

The answer book needs to reflect the same and the Patters is all over the place on the ships. Why does it say no short sleeves on the Caribbean Princess patters and why now does it say according to tvaud every night no jeans.

I also have never seen no jeans posted on a sign at the Dining rooms.

Why do you keep calling me hypocritical? I follow guidelines to the tee and all I ever say is the truth on what I see and I do not exaggerate saying every night I see people turned away and the no jeans rule is posted in the Pattters every night. Many other cruisers have been on the Caribbean Princess on the same cruise such as Peter as posted and his Patters did not say this. On the other thread, their patters did not say no jeans every night on the Patters and they say many wear jeans.

I thought when you mentioned NCL and Home Town Buffet in the same sentence it was about food. We don't go out to eat but once a year so I don't know much about quality of foods on land.

And no, I don't disagree with you on everything.

So to sum it up Bd, we would all love to see consistency on Princess with the website, answer book, customer service and Patters all being the same so these postings and debates can cease.

And yes, I hope I do like NCL. I hope to find at least a couple of cruiselines that offer things that we want so we are not limited.

I think we can all agree that given the contradictions both in publication and in enforcement that Princess has no official policy on the matter.
I'm sorry, I don't agree with that - I believe there is an offical policy and it's not clearly stated. I also believe that if one applies a bit of common sense to the overall guidelines, the intent is clear.
To your other point about the eventual loosening of other guidelines if we let these nasty jeans in, I can only say that there is no Princess guideline that if changed would cause me to not cruise Princess. I don't cruise Princess for their food, the service, the formal ambience, the picture taking or the art auctions or any other single thing that may be subjected to a guideline.

I cruise Princess because right now they offer a vacation that I enjoy for a price I can afford to pay. I don't care if i have towel animals or formal nights or five star food ... I care only that I have a relaxing enjoyable trip with my family that is roughly equivalent to one that I could have at a land-based hotel. In the unlikely event they stop providing beds, meals, doors on the cabins, or forbid relatives to travel on the same ship then I'll walk ... otherwise it just makes no difference.

Right...and we all choose a vacation for different reasons don't we? Your reasons to pick Princess do not supersede anyone else’s. Just because there are things you don’t care about doesn’t mean they don’t matter to other people. Again, it’s interesting that the tolerance that we’re all supposed to demonstrate only seems to apply to dress guidelines for the dining room – and not to the respect of what other people desire in their vacation experience. Enjoyable is a subjective term. I happen to enjoy dressing appropriately.

Hopefully there will be cruise lines that uphold some standards – if Princess doesn’t come to its senses, then maybe some other cruise line. The point is, if all cruise lines become the same, they offer no benefit to anyone’s choice.

:confused: Brother...see above. I don't believe you did - I don't post anything here because of your influence. I do post quite a bit here because I think your opinions are so far off and I feel compelled to balance them. I believe Princess is currently the best line for ME and really when it comes to choosing a cruise line for myself, ME is the only person who matters. I choose Princess based on my experience with their product and the product that they sell. When I have a couple of crappy cruises on Princess, then I’ll look elsewhere. In the meantime, if you fully read my posts here – wait…we’ve already established that you don’t – you see that yes, I think Princess does wrong. I think their dumbing-down of the cruise experience that they used to present so that they can fill their 3100 passenger ships and keep their stockholders happy has been a bad decision and has made the cruise line less desirable. On the other hand, I’ve been able to keep away from the mega-ships and the seven day itineraries that seem to attract those who don’t understand what a cruise experience can offer.

As for the rest of your comment, my posts can be helpful to “newbies” as you call them. For example, you say one can wear whatever they want to the dining room and I balance that with my experience which demonstrates that one can’t. I would say that’s pretty helpful to a new cruiser, wouldn’t you? Or would you prefer they take bad advice and be denied entrance to the dining room?

I don't understand your obsession with my choice of cruise line. You say that we should let people have the freedom to choose what they want to wear without comment – how come that doesn’t extend to brand of cruise line? Perhaps there are limits to your tolerance?

Please choose another cruise line - and choose again and choose again. As much as it takes to get you to where you're comfortable in life. But don't deny someone their right to be comfortable with their choice - being satisfied with one product doesn't mean one is missing out on anything - as you're so apt to imply.

Your responses are getting very outlandish and untrue about me. I have NEVER said people should wear what they want. Please do find it since you are now trying to muddy my name. And this is what I am talking about you constantly doing damage control about Princess when obviously I like Princess or would not waste my money cruising on her. You don't make sense.

The rest of your responses here is way off base about me or anything I have said. Shame on you.

Dan Askin from Cruise Critic just returned my call (thank you, Dan!) and said that the Princess information specifically stating that jeans are prohibited in the dining room is from their website. The Princess PR person has not yet returned his calls; however, most cruise lines have, and as soon as he hears back from everyone, there will be another article on cruise lines trends and dress codes will be discussed in the article. So....to be continued.

As for Cruise News Daily, no one has yet returned my email to them. I hope that someone does, and can tell me if the information contained in their article was verified by a Princess PR person, and not taken from the other reference on the Princess website which says "no torn jeans", implying that jeans ARE allowed in the dining room on Smart Casual nights.

As an aside....I have four times in the past emailed Cruise News Daily about subscription information, and have not received a response to even one of them, so I am not hopeful that my email question to them will be answered in a timely, or any manner.

It will be interesting to learn what Dan hears from Princess PR regarding this issue.

Your responses are getting very outlandish and untrue about me. I have NEVER said people should wear what they want. Please do find it since you are now trying to muddy my name. And this is what I am talking about you constantly doing damage control about Princess when obviously I like Princess or would not waste my money cruising on her. You don't make sense.

The rest of your responses here is way off base about me or anything I have said. Shame on you.

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!! A fight. I think I'll just sit back and enjoy it.

I'm sorry, I don't agree with that - I believe there is an offical policy and it's not clearly stated. I also believe that if one applies a bit of common sense to the overall guidelines, the intent is clear.

And I respect your right to that intrepretation. In the absence of a real policy ... that is the only chose any of us have. To read, watch, listen, and come to our own conclusions and then trust that if we are doing something wrong the host will tell us to correct it. The host in my last 10 plus cruises hasn't been speaking to me or anyone I know about being dressed inappropriately so I must not being doing too badly.

Right...and we all choose a vacation for different reasons don't we? Your reasons to pick Princess do not supersede anyone else’s. Just because there are things you don’t care about doesn’t mean they don’t matter to other people. Again, it’s interesting that the tolerance that we’re all supposed to demonstrate only seems to apply to dress guidelines for the dining room – and not to the respect of what other people desire in their vacation experience. Enjoyable is a subjective term. I happen to enjoy dressing appropriately.

I'm glad you are happy with your dress ... as I am happy with mine. Evidently Princess has no complaints with either one of us. I fully respect your right to have the vacation you desire as you should respect mine.

I don't, however, respect your right to impose your will on me when the cruiseline to whom I'm sending my hard-earned money doesn't see fit to. I can be bought though ... I'd be happy to change my clothes if anyone would like to compensate me for being a costumed role player in their vacation fantasy.:D

Hopefully there will be cruise lines that uphold some standards – if Princess doesn’t come to its senses, then maybe some other cruise line. The point is, if all cruise lines become the same, they offer no benefit to anyone’s choice.

Never will agree with this way of thinking. Since when does how someone else dresses on casual nights benefit or detract in any way from your experience. Your blue/black cotton dockers and my blue/black cotton denim can peacefully coexist on casual night ... I promise. We should, however, rise up and rebel agaist the blue/black polyester blends ... really now talk about ruining an evening.;) If the host is happy and everyone is having a good time without imposing their will on anyone else... so be it ... end of story.

Personally, I feel that if ONE is bothered at all by what someone else wares, then one needs to look at themself in the mirror and try to decide why one lets others people's clothing brother them and why they you feel the need to control what others do in order for one to feel good about themselves. Maybe this is written in a better way to show your opinion.

1. How about less personal pronouns. It allows for good discussion and keeps some from feeling personal attack.

2. If I ware jeans, does that mean I can ware a jean skirt to the dinning room.

I thought mine was quite clear, impersonal pronouns can be hard to understand.

1. My comments are never a personal attack, and if it was construed as such I apologise as I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions. As such, a majority of items on these forums are only pure opinion.

2. You can wear what ever you like to the dining room as I simply do not care in the least. Hey, you may even look good in a skirt! :D

Cheers,

Peter

Right, their official policy is that there is no dress code and there is no enforcement of any dress code. That appears to be the official policy of every major mass-market cruise line.

Cheers,

Peter

:rolleyes: Shame on me? You indicate that we should not be judging people by what they wear, and you have said that you'd prefer to sit with people who don't follow the guidelines rather than those of us who do and who are "fakes." You indicate that I'm constantly doing damage control for Princess and more than once in this thread I've indicated that I'm not enamored with their business policies…in fact I said so in the post that you quoted. And so you may feel that my responses are off base, but I don’t think the part about my posts not being fully read as too far fetched.
Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!! A fight. I think I'll just sit back and enjoy it.
You'll be bored.
As an aside....I have four times in the past emailed Cruise News Daily about subscription information, and have not received a response to even one of them, so I am not hopeful that my email question to them will be answered in a timely, or any manner.

Hmmm - I've always received prompt and polite responses to my requests of CND...?
The host in my last 10 plus cruises hasn't been speaking to me or anyone I know about being dressed inappropriately so I must not being doing too badly.
Perhaps because you're dressed appropriately?
I don't, however, respect your right to impose your will on me when the cruiseline to whom I'm sending my hard-earned money doesn't see fit to. I can be bought though ... I'd be happy to change my clothes if anyone would like to compensate me for being a costumed role player in their vacation fantasy.:D
You see that's not necessary - if you're implying that dressing in line with the type of evening the cruise line is attempting to present is taking part in some fantasy, then you're definition of tolerance is highly different than mine. Obviously nobody here is imposing any "will" over anyone else and as you yourself have established, your contention that the cruise line will not impose their will over you is inconsistent at best.
Never will agree with this way of thinking. Since when does how someone else dresses on casual nights benefit or detract in any way from your experience.
I've posted it time after time and since you never will agree, I'm not going through it again...let's just say that your thoughts about having a good time without imposing on other people seems to be a one-way street.
Right, their official policy is that there is no dress code and there is no enforcement of any dress code. That appears to be the official policy of every major mass-market cruise line.
Apparently that's your experience, but it isn't mine nor is it the same experience that a number of others posting here have witnessed. You're speaking in absolutes that are not true.

I continue to find it interesting that those who tout tolerance for those who prefer to dress down in this matter don't have the same tolerance when it comes to other matters - like following dress guidelines. If it comes back that Princess' guidelines have officially changed, you non-tolerant types will be tolerant until you want to stretch them again...or until those who do become overbearing even for you. Whether or not Princess' dress guidelines have now changed does not mitigate the fact that in the past there's been much support here for ignoring the guidelines and not tolerating the feelings and opinions of those who chose a Princess cruise because those guidelines were in place. As I said at the top of this post...shame on me?

In the end it is your business if you want to walk around looking like you just tumbled off the turnip truck. Jeans are little inappropriate in the warmer climes at least, due to the heat. Khaki's are more comfortable and never killed anyone.

I do so hate khaki's I always feel that they make you look like you work at Blockbuster! I would rather see a "nice" pair of jeans anyday than khaki's.

Archived