Opinion on HAL Dress Code

Happy HALer

What are your thought on the HAL dress code?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thought on the HAL dress code?

• Keep it as it is.
    • Go to resort casual.
    • Tank Tops & Flip Flops
    • ASW casual. Traditional as is.
    • Could not care less.

Thanks for standing up for me Petite Rah Rah Girl. Very chivalrous of you, and not at all unappreciated. Don't listen to Hammy. She can't even make her pom pom work. [ATTACH]53802[/ATTACH]

Is that a diaper your dancing clown is smokin?

P.S. I think Petite RAH-RAH Girl is gem of a screen name. I really do.

Just have to vent. I'm getting sick and tired of snarky remarks about the feeble attempts at humor some fellow members of Cruise Critic set up. I'm also put off by the snide remarks made by some of the members of this HAL board regarding what they consider to be the non-pertinence or lack of humor in such attempts at being funny ...

>:-) <==== that's a Devilish grin ...

OK, stepping down from my soapbox now because I think I'm getting a little dizzy being at this unaccustomed height ...

:D:D

devil-smiley.gif.318b72f1ac06558b514b7ade877f3968.gif That's a devilish grin. All humor accepted all the time. Now stay off that box before someone gets hurt.

Not everyone is a member of the HAL CC (Holland Amercia Cruise Critic ) board clique who post to one another regularly, who know all the lingo, who do know what has or has not been posted on a particular topic and by whom, who know other cruisers" cruising history, etc.

I thought this board was open to everyone who chooses to become a member. I was under the impression that one could open a thread of his or her choice. So what if it's been belaboured to death according to some. If a particular topic comes up that means it IS of interest to someone. To reiterate, there is no reason to be sarcastic, ironic, huffy, impolite (add adjective of your choice).

Someone may say that I am posting a huffy remark myself. It's not huffy. It's a remark by someone who is irritated by the fact that we seem to be intolerant of those who have different ideas from us and, much too often, seem to disdain them and their opinions. It's the meld of ideas that makes for an interesting world. Plus a sense of humour and a smidgeon of plain common sense.

O.K. stepping down from my soapbox now. Actually, it's fun on my soapbox because when I'm on it I'm over 5 feet tall.

Amen, sister, amen! worship1.gif

As a self-professed member of the "HAL CC (Holland Amercia Cruise Critic ) board clique" and the "Bombastic Reverend," I want to salute the bold strength with which you proclaimed the above! And, I AGREE with it 100%. As I've said elsewhere, I don't mind repetitive posts and questions and threads on the same topics. I AM becoming weary of the many insinuations and disparagements made about those of us who are being repeatedly labeled "the very vocal minority," and those who cheer such labels on. To quote Mrs. Slocum, "And I am Unanimous in that." :D

Dress Code May Discourage Some People From Cruising

My husband *hates* to get dressed in a suit. Although we had brought a suit for him on our first cruise, the first formal day he 'lost' the daily program and it wasn't until it was too late that I noticed that it was formal night.

It kept me from trying a cruise for a long time. My DW wanted me to try for many years, and finally we agreed that if I didn't like the first formal night we would skip the second. As you can see from my signature block, it didn't turn out to be so bad at all! I still don't have a dark suit, but I have a black jacket and dark grey slacks that serve just fine! I've seen a lot worse-dressed than me in HAL dining rooms!

Has a ring to it. Biddy???:D Are you a Garrulous old woman or a female chicken?

My husband tells me neither phrase quite describes me; he says I am so unique that I defy characterization.....:eek:

Karin

This thread is delightful, a serious waltz punctuated by cha cha cha....

Precious.

Oh good, someone got it.

The public needs to know that my teen daughter decided we needed to do a yard sale today. So we are passing the time out here with a laptop and every neighborhood kid on the block:rolleyes: .

I HATE yard sales.

Karin

Oh good, someone got it.

The public needs to know that my teen daughter decided we needed to do a yard sale today. So we are passing the time out here with a laptop and every neighborhood kid on the block:rolleyes: .

I HATE yard sales.

Karin

If you sell your yard, how you gonna get to your house?

My husband tells me neither phrase quite describes me; he says I am so unique that I defy characterization.....:eek:

Karin

One-Two-Three

One-Two-Three

One-Two-Three

Cha-Cha-Cha

One-Two-Three

One-Two-Three

One-Two-Three

Cha-Cha-Cha

One-Two-Three

One-Two-Three

One-Two-Three

Cha-Cha-Cha

If you sell your yard, how you gonna get to your house?

Rastafarian Banana Clown Happy InHaler, you are NOT a serious person;) We are wasting other people's time here. They want.....no, they need, to know what we think of HAL's dress code. As it happens, I don't think about it, so I have just disqualified myself from this thread.

You also forgot to include a topless category for Nanette in your dress code poll;) . Nanette, it would be a happy Saturday if I weren't trying to sell my junk ..........Have fun on your December Amsterdam "Race ya to the Topless Deck" cruise!

Karin

You also forgot to include a topless category for Nanette in your dress code poll;) .......Have fun on your December Amsterdam "Race ya to the Topless Deck" cruise!

It would be EVEN MORE FUN if you'd join us, my friend! :)

(I'm guessing that our Happy HAL guy would be a blast, as well!)

My husband *hates* to get dressed in a suit. Although we had brought a suit for him on our first cruise, the first formal day he 'lost' the daily program and it wasn't until it was too late that I noticed that it was formal night.

We had stopped eating in the regular dining room much anyway, but I can imagine that some of the rather opinionated folks assigned to our table would have been horrified if we had shown up in casual clothes.

I can understand why some people like to get dressed up, but it wasn't much fun being glared at because I was in a pant suit and not in a prom dress.

I'm planning another cruise in 8 months, but I haven't been able to convince my husband to come along yet.

This is why the cruise industry has the likes of NCL. We liked the line for a few years, but later it went 'off the rails', for us anyway.

john

I looked over the choices and now I know why I couldn't and didn't vote in the first place.

You nevermentioned anything about formal nights, informal nights and then casual nights. That is the way we love things.

All of your choices are geared towards cruising with very few formal and informal nights -- WHICH -- in my opinion makes a cruise.

If you choose to want to dress "casually" every night -- then maybe cruising isn't for you or anyone else who does not like to dress up. We had to dress up many times for special occassions while we worked and we still love to dress up.

JMO

I looked over the choices and now I know why I couldn't and didn't vote in the first place.

You nevermentioned anything about formal nights, informal nights and then casual nights. That is the way we love things.

All of your choices are geared towards cruising with very few formal and informal nights -- WHICH -- in my opinion makes a cruise.

If you choose to want to dress "casually" every night -- then maybe cruising isn't for you or anyone else who does not like to dress up. We had to dress up many times for special occassions while we worked and we still love to dress up.

JMO

Sorry. Too many choices would confuse the results. You could still vote for the one that fits with your wishes.

I never said I wanted to dress casually. I do not not know why you would assume that.

Rastafarian Banana Clown Happy InHaler, you are NOT a serious person;) We are wasting other people's time here. They want.....no, they need, to know what we think of HAL's dress code. As it happens, I don't think about it, so I have just disqualified myself from this thread.

You also forgot to include a topless category for Nanette in your dress code poll;) . Nanette, it would be a happy Saturday if I weren't trying to sell my junk ..........Have fun on your December Amsterdam "Race ya to the Topless Deck" cruise!

Karin

Puh--lease! Have pity on the other passengers with the topless category. Unless you have a particualr penchant for boobs which really do prove Newton's law of gravity that everytning drops!

Then that would be great!. Imagine those scooter and wheelchair topless trialothons ! Think of how those poor dancers at the various shows will feel if they are perky when they should just let it all hang down! the horror! the glory!.

TG, I'm so petite. There is so much less way to go!

It's a remark by someone who is irritated by the fact that we seem to be intolerant of those who have different ideas from us and, much too often, seem to disdain them and their opinions. It's the meld of ideas that makes for an interesting world. Plus a sense of humour and a smidgeon of plain common sense.
................................... goodpost.gif

Sorry Rev,

I Believe it's,

One-two cha cha cha

Apparently you missed reading middle-aged mom's post.

Now. Do you see Greg's post in its proper light?

As of this moment ... with 150 votes cast, the results are as follows:

Keep it as it is. 91 -- 60.67%

Go to resort casual. 36 -- 24.00%

Tank Tops & Flip Flops 4 -- 2.67%

ASW casual. Traditional as is. 3 -- 2.00%

Could not care less. 16 -- 10.67%

This is about what I would expect, within the limitations of the alternative responses.

Do anymore wish to add their votes to the mix?

Archived