What is your fav. Souvenir you got on a cruise

BigTee2000

• 2 weeks later...
Are scrapbooks,papers etc. available on all ships?We are of on the Norwegian Jewel this summer for our first cruise.I usually do a scrapbook for each holiday(though I must admit last summers photos etc are still lying around!)

Scrapbooking is only just begining to take of in this country I belive you can get much more stuff in the US.

Do any ships have scrapbooking workshops?

On Carnival they had scrapbooks made especially for the cruise line and you could insert the name of the specific ship. They also had "kits" which were papers, ribbons, tags, buttons, etc to use on the pages. I just hope I get mine done before my next cruise in September, because I know that I will have even more pics from that cruise.

When we were in Roaton, I was expecting, and my feet and hands had started swelling. I was always taking off my rings, and misplacing them. My husband found a small wooden box, you could not put an egg in it, for me to place my rings in. It on my dresser and everytime I take off my rings to cook or clean, I run to the bedroom to put them in the box.

• 2 weeks later...

We buy the large Celebrity white or navy mugs embossed w/ "gold" which state the ship's name and pic on one side and ship facts on the other. Only sold in the high end clothing store, not the gift shop. Unfortunately, most of the wording has faded away after years of use. Hoped to get a full set but they keep adding ships.

This began because I needed a mug to use on board ( hate those little coffee cups). Now I just buy a new one on each cruise.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I typically get baseball caps and polo shirts embroidered with the names of the places I visited. Everytime I put one of them on I remember vividly which cruise it was, which port it was, the weather that day... :p . Come on June 9th...

Edited by UlvaZell

i only went through a few pages of this thread, so my apologies if this has already been asked/answered.

What i like to do on my travels is collect sand from the places i've visited. This will be my first cruise - ports include Labadee, Ocho Rios, GC, and Cozumel.

Does anyone know if it's okay to take a small bottle of sand and 1 or 2 sea shells if we find them? Do the locals frown upon this, or is it okay to do?

TIA,

From the ship, the souvenir glasses from the drink of the day and the ceramic ships, we also collect magnets. But my favourite souvenir of all time is the T-shirt and bolt of fabric from St. Kitts. When the woman at the Batik factory found out my name really was Kitt and that I love to sew, she gave me a bolt of beautiful turquoise batik and a T-shirt that simply reads St. Kitts Batik.

Does anyone know if it's okay to take a small bottle of sand and 1 or 2 sea shells if we find them? Do the locals frown upon this, or is it okay to do?

TIA,

Yes, you can bring those back, unless you are at the Great Barrier Reef, which is endangered and protected.

My favorite souvenir OF ALL TIME is a glass globe of sand and shells that I bought in 1991 on my first Carnival cruise. I bought the smaller size and they came in three sizes. I am able to open mine and add sand and shells from later cruises.

If I can ever find a larger one I will snap it up in a second. Can't find them anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On our first cruise, I got an official lanyard for my S&S card.

When I got home, I hung it on the little nail behind my kitchen calendar,

with the card still in it. ===> Good for you! ;)

And there they sit, more than two years later.

Many folks keep their S&S cards.

I have a small collection that I'm hoping to add to

so I'm asking if anyone has any cards they're no longer too attached to

that they might mail me, here in Barbados?

Anyone got cards like these below?

(not only Carnival..I'd be happy to have anything offered)

1042319403_SS97.jpg.1ea84bed48d312a10110f5b3352a35da.jpg

577257243_CarnivalCard2001.jpg.9bb1b88ce4edbb772a942d170f50fe31.jpg

ShipGold.jpg.a480c23b3be472a22cb29f08c899ee96.jpg

new-ss-cards.jpg.5f918ced107c3fd6836267d5030cb009.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The PHOTOS!!! I am so GLAD I bought the ones with my Dad, as he has since passed away. I spend a lot in the photos. But I also don't really buy anything else. I don't say anything about what my DH spends on drinks and he doesn't say what I spend on photos. I will say that I have cut back on them thu. I buy the Welcome aboard, all ports and then some of the others. I also scrapbook them. :D

The PHOTOS!!! I am so GLAD I bought the ones with my Dad, as he has since passed away.

I spend a lot in the photos. But I also don't really buy anything else.

I don't say anything about what my DH spends on drinks -and he doesn't say what I spend on photos.

Years later, you still have the photos. ;)

Ask him where his drinks are..:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A couple of years after my Grandmother passed away, my parents were still going through allof her stuff. I am very sentimental about family historical things and was so worried that they would toss things I might want.. so my Mom gave me a big box of "stuff" .. consisting mostly of old pictures, scrap books from the 1940's and on, recipes ..and lots of other things.

Among the items - I found:

1. both my Grandparents expired passports with many many international stamps stamped in them...

2. Holland America cruise entertainment bills including well known acts like Victor Borge, Etheyl Merman and Russel Nypes.

3. an enclosure card from flowers sent to their cabin from a friend,

4. hand made maps charting out not only the progress of their trans-atlantic journeys with dates and weather notes

5. many pictures of them on the ship looking quite smart in their very formal attire, laying out in the sun on deck upon those old teak lounge chairs..and there was even a picture of my Grandfather standing by the ship rail wearing wooden shoes from Holland!

They cruised quite a bit during their lives and Oh my goodness - what a treasure this was to me. I took these items and afixed them into a shadow box and hung it on the wall. It is still there today.

While I am not sure that a plastic drink glass may mean something to your Grandchildren ... I assure you - the photos and other (long lasting ;)) ship memorabilia will!

If you want to see it, scroll down to the bottom 3 pictures of this post:

http://equusvilla.blogspot.com/2008/01/totally-inspired.html

If you double click on them, they will enlarge and you can read the show bill for yourself!

Edited by equusvilla

Oh well - I tried to come back and delete this...realizing that it was not exactly in line with the topic... and I started a new post with it included ..since I waited longer than 15 minutes..it would not delete...so sorry for the double posting.

Edited by equusvilla

A picture of my dog that the artist onboard the Explorer drew for us. It means even more as she passed away about a week and a half ago.

We also love a picture made with spray paint that we watched being made on the streets of Puerto Rico. It's framed and in my dining room.