Very Important HAL Customer Survey

Happy HALer

What is your favorite towel animal provided by your steward?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite towel animal provided by your steward?

• Elephant
    • Monkey
    • Swan
    • Peacock
    • Lobster
    • Duck-billed Platapus
    • None. I have Animal Oragamyphobia.

I'm not fond of the towel animals. I wish our steward did not have to spend his time making them. While they are certainly harmless enough they do not enhance my cruise in any way. Actually, just about the opposite. I don't want to leave them cluttering our room, so I take them apart and fold up the towels and feel bad the steward might be insulted I didn't care for them.

For rooms with children......great.

For cabins without, I suggest they ask if we want to have them or not so stewards won't be bothering for people who don't care about them.

I certainly don't want to hurt their feelings or make them think I don't appredciate their efforts.

For rooms with children......great.

For cabins without, I suggest they ask if we want to have them or not so stewards won't be bothering for people who don't care about them.

I certainly don't want to hurt their feelings or make them think I don't appredciate their efforts.

That's a good point Sail. I never thought about it before, probably because we're still new to cruising and LOVE those towel animals. Each evening after dinner we can't wait to open our cabin door, whip out the camera, and take a picture of our towel animal of the night :p It also is worth seeing the smile on our steward's face when we compliment him on his work. :) Maybe we'll change our point of view after years of cruising.....you brought up a good point though, maybe the stewards could ask PAX without children what they would prefer.

I don't see your vote for the ever popular hanger monkey.
I forgot to vote at first, then went back. Mine was the first vote, making it 100% pro-monkey at that point. BTW, I was told that it's a chimpanzee, not a monkey, since it has no tail. Maybe it's a HALkey. :confused:
IWe have never had a monkey yet!! :eek: :(
We've only gotten them on the 8th or 9th days of our two 10-day cruises.

My heart belongs to the elephant. Absolutely! But, he does tend to take up a lot of room in the cabin, though. And it's SO hard to keep enough peanuts around.

I'm afraid I've been badly freaked out by the monkey a time or two. You come into the cabin and there he is just hanging there from the ceiling.

I told the cabin steward so and it really cracked him up.

We got a monkey on the next to last night of our 7 day Maasdam cruises in June. That thing nearly freaked me out. :D

I'm with you there Sail. My friends got one the 5th day (I think) of our 7-day Caribbean cruise.....they called me to quickly come take a picture so they could take it down as it was creeping them out. :)

IMG_0452.jpg?imgmax=512

We got a monkey on the next to last night of our 7 day Maasdam cruises in June. That thing nearly freaked me out. :D

imagine had it been a live monkey:eek::eek::eek:

and we were all worried about a dress code:rolleyes:

I never make a comment about the towel animals to our stewards but chat with them all the time about this or that. Seeing as I always fold the towels up, I hope he'll get the message he can skip leaving them in our cabin but they never do.

I keep thinking they'll get the message in a 'subtle' manner but they don't and I don't want to say anything to them.......so I'll just keep folding up the towels. :)

I'm with you there Sail. My friends got one the 5th day (I think) of our 7-day Caribbean cruise.....they called me to quickly come take a picture so they could take it down as it was creeping them out. :)

IMG_0452.jpg?imgmax=512

:eek: :eek: YIKES! That IS creepy!

We've had 7 and 12-day cruises, so I guess it's just the luck of the draw what animal(s) you get. Maybe on our 15-day in May we'll get one. :)

imagine had it been a live monkey

and we were all worried about a dress code

:D There would have been a crazy woman running down Navigation Deck screaming her fool head off!!! And can't guarantee what I would have been wearing. :D :eek:

Boy, was I glad I had seen jtl513's avatar before my mother and I went on our Zaandam cruise in January!

The night the monkey arrived in our cabin, it was hanging from the ceiling about 10 feet inside the cabin door :eek: . Thankfully, I went in first, flicked on the light and started to laugh. I think I would have had to call sick bay if my mom had gone in ahead of me :o

I still thought it was creepy, and after taking the mandatory picture, I took it down right away.

So I voted for the much more innocuous elephant :D

Bonnie

While cute, I don't sail Holland America ships for cute. Leave that to Disney. I think the towel creations are a waste of time. As sail7seas noted, they're fine in staterooms where kids are. Otherwise, save that construction time and take a well-deserved break.

Didn't see it as one of your choices but I liked the hanging poultry with sunglasses we got on Prinsendam last year;)
I think that's the monkey/chimp. Wasn't there eye dots behind the glasses?

For you elephant fans, here's RCCL's two-tone version:

I love the elephant! If we get one, it gets to sit in our "outside cabin" window, for the remainder of the cruise. :)

Pat, we/I do much the same thing! :D

My favorite is the Elephant ... they're really cute.

Archived