Very Important HAL Customer Survey

Happy HALer

What is your favorite towel animal provided by your steward?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite towel animal provided by your steward?

• Elephant
    • Monkey
    • Swan
    • Peacock
    • Lobster
    • Duck-billed Platapus
    • None. I have Animal Oragamyphobia.

Our stewards usually discard them the next morning so they don't clutter the cabin. I watched the stewards make the animals in a demo one day. It usually takes then about a minute ti make the animals. We enjoy the critters. The stewards started this a few years ago.

That is funny, I tought the monkey was hanging poultry the first time I saw it too!

Here are some animals from our last cruise! Our cabin steward was a whizz at these things. My husband wanted a lesson and he whipped these out in no time!;)

~T

DSCN0039.jpg.642ed151805de924fce5bc57df59e8a6.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg.0a0d5b45413340bb71a01aa6824beeb1.jpg

DSCN0040.jpg.5746bf482be7df9440bc39e4dc2658b4.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg.4e9582427cac43a6650344a400d44735.jpg

I couldn't vote as my favorite one wasn't there. I can't remember which ship it was on but one of our cabin stewards make a pair of love swans - their necks and bills were shaped to form a heart.

That's what I was thinking of when I cast a vote for the swan.

(We've had towel animals in our rooms at Disney World too!)

For the small amount of time it takes the stewards to make one, I don't think it's a huge deal. I'm not about to micromanage their time! :p

Many of the stewards have probably learned that this little extra effort often leads to extra tips! :)

B-I-N-G-O!!!:D

It sure worked for our last steward on the Oosterdam!

Plus he was just to great not to tip very well!

Same with Antonio in the Martini Bar!;)

Wow! Thats the largest towel animal I've ever seen. We usually leave tips in the animals hand/paw, mouth or other body part. Anything to bring a smile to a sweet face.:)

That is an excellent idea! Can I steal it?

The idea that is!

I love the smiles that go with the tips! I like to leave personal notes behind on disembarkment day:o with extra for those that treated us a little EXTRA! Love the paw idea!

~T

We got a monkey on the next to last night of our 7 day Maasdam cruises in June. That thing nearly freaked me out. :D

LOL ... especially if you come back to the cabin after dark ... leaving only a night light on before you went out ... and that thing is hanging over the bed. Can put the scare of the devil into ya, that's for sure. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

That is an excellent idea! Can I steal it?

The idea that is

I'll "second that"!!! :)

What a delightful idea.... we always leave our guys a few bucks on our pillow in the morning, but incorporating the animal towels is a WONDERFUL idea. :D

Many of the stewards have probably learned that this little extra effort often leads to extra tips! :)

:) Maybe that plus they may also have been instructed it is now 'part of their job description'. I don't know but my sense is they are now a mandatory part of cabin care and maintenance for all stewards.

My recent Alaskan cruise was the first one that I got towel animals. I thought they were cute but the absolute best part was that my steward used chocolates for the eyes so I got 2 chocolates instead of 1 every night :D :D My parents were in a suite but they had paper eyes on theirs!

[URL=http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2354708250081391383xgmxos][IMG]http://inlinethumb53.webshots.com/9460/2354708250081391383S425x425Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Archived