What time to disembark?

Hi,

I'm trying to plan transportation from Civitavecchia to Rome after our cruise. What time can I expect to disembark the ship? I'm not leaving Rome that day - the next day, and I know they like to let people who have early flights off the ship first. Would it be reasonable to tell our transportation to pick us up at 9am? Our cruiseship is scheduled to get into port at 5am.

Thanks!

We tried for that option. Organised for pick up at 9am at the entry to the port as sometimes the security people will not let cars through to the dock.

We were labelled as "Made own arrangements" for our luggage label I think it was Red 15 or Red 5 from memory.

At 9am we finally walked of the ship as we had not been called. Then it turned out that our pile of luggage was not in the normal tent for the carnival organised transfers but in the other tent with the odds and sods.

So once we found the correct place and got our bags then we had to go to the shuttle bus point. You guessed it, right up the other end from the tent we were in. That meant trying to get through the hordes of people coming out of the normal tent but eventually we made it and caught the shuttle bus around to the port entry to meet our pickup.

He did not turn up or we were to late so we headed off along the street towards the station but were fortunate to pick up another driver along the way.

Finally made it to Paoli to our acomodation and by lunch time we were out and sight seeing.

I had a very bulky heavy suitcase so I had decided not to self disembark but I think next time I might choose that option. Any feedback from people who used the self disembark method?

David

Archived