Teen Program on Dawn

Greek66

• 2 weeks later...

Are you worried that you aren't getting any replies? I am. Does that mean there aren't any kids on the Dawn? I've posted the same question somewhere else and I didn't get an answer either. I'm sailing next March with a 14 year old girl and a 16 year old boy. Last year we went on Costa which had music geared to the 70+ age group. I didn't even recognize a lot of it. I'm thinking about switching back to Carnival or RCCL......

We just returned from a cruise to Alaska on the Dawn and my DS 13 participated in the teen club. They do have lots of activities scheduled everyday, particularly in the evening for the teens. The only thing I will say is that on our cruise many of the activities seemed poorly attended. My son went to a few where only he and a couple of others showed up, yet there were around 150 13-17 year olds onboard. He had better luck meeting some like minded friends the same age around the pool and in the arcade. They spent a lot of time together onboard and had a blast.

So to answer your question, the teen counselors schedule lots of fun activities and hopefully on the cruise you are on more of the teens will show up for the fun.

The attendance and type of kids/teen program varies from location to location and month to month.

The attendance of a teen program for an October cruise if a ship is in an Exotic locations varies quite a bit from a March cruise in the Caribbean.

You may want to say what month and where the ship is sailing to get a more accurate anaswer.

What do they offer for a 15 year old? I hope my son isn't bored.

Thanks.

There are offered activities; probably not as many or as flashy as RCI or Carnival. But, according to my kids as they grew up, they said how much fun it was seemed far more dependent on who the other teens onboard were than what Princess planned, and every cruise was different. Sometimes they all hung out and did the activities and sometimes they all did their own things. But my kids always had fun.

If your son is easily bored and wants lots of stimulation, Sun class ships might not be his favorite--Grand class or the other lines geared more for the younger crowd have more active things to offer. However, if he can entertain himself easily enough, or if he likes to swim, play video games, read, etc, he will be fine. Sun class ships, imo, are a unique "in between" size experience that I like, it's great for adults. But, to me, it doesn't seem to be a "wild and crazy" experience that might be more to the liking of teens.

One note, ironically, the teens seemed to participate in activities more and have more fun in the odd weeks when school is in session, like when you are going, and there were few teens onboard. There is a comradery that you don't see when there are hundreds of them. So that might be fun for him.

Sorry I can't be more specific :o I hope you have a great cruise!

Archived