Live from Mariner- Western

Good Morning from Cozumel

This has been a wonderful trip aboard the beautiful Mariner of the Seas.

All you have said about her is correct.

Don't know if anybody has posted this or not already but at our meet and mingle on Monday we did get to ask some questions of Dennis the Cruise Director.

He told us that he will be staying with the ship until September 30th. His replacement will be Drew (did not catch the last name) and then the PERMANENT Cruise Director on the Mariner will be GRAHAM. Don't know if that makes people happy or not but of what I have read about him previously on this board they are.

Any questions let me know and I will try to answer them.

Will do review once we get back. Have a great day!!

Cathy

It wasn't Dru Pavlov by any chance? He was the CD on Century last I knew, his wife is also on Century as a future cruises rep. I believe.

I would think Mariner would be quite a switch from Century if it is Dru. I'm sure theres many, many men named Dru/Drew in the world also!:o

Well, you just made my day. Ordinarily I don't much care who the cruise director is. Sailed with Graham when he was with Princess and he was just wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed his morning shows; he was everywhere. Now i'm even more excited for our upcoming Feb cruise on the Mariner!.

Hi Cathy, How is the weather - Hurricane Dean?? :eek: Will your cruise be affected by this? :confused: I hope not. We are flying down to Orlando tomorrow and boarding the ship on Sunday.:eek: :D Just wondering what is being said about this storm. Enjoy your vacation and hope for smooth clear sailing!!!

Good Morning from Cozumel

This has been a wonderful trip aboard the beautiful Mariner of the Seas.

All you have said about her is correct.

Don't know if anybody has posted this or not already but at our meet and mingle on Monday we did get to ask some questions of Dennis the Cruise Director.

He told us that he will be staying with the ship until September 30th. His replacement will be Drew (did not catch the last name) and then the PERMANENT Cruise Director on the Mariner will be GRAHAM. Don't know if that makes people happy or not but of what I have read about him previously on this board they are.

Any questions let me know and I will try to answer them.

Will do review once we get back. Have a great day!!

Cathy

Are the folks in cozumel preparing for a Hurricane? Just curious to know what they are saying in Cozumel with regard to Huricane Dean.

Well hope to answer all of your questions.

Weather yesterday in Cozumel was beautiful and I have the sunburn to prove it :( . Anyway our sail back today is pretty rocky compared to going down and we had thunderstorms last night and early this am.

As far as the "natives" we saw them starting to boarder up the windows etc. Dean was also quite the talk in Grand Cayman as well. Both locations are worried about the coral reefs as they are still trying to recover from the last hurricaine.

As far as when Graham is taking over we were told in December (no exact date at least none that I can remember) . If I see Dennis again I will try to get the exact date and last name of the interim between Dennis and Graham.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Cathy

Thanks for the update on Dean. We are heading to the airport in one hour for our Eastern cruise on Mariner tomorrow. Hope the weather is getting better for all of you. Take care and enjoy your final day wenchcat.

We cruised in May with Graham and loved him! He is so wacky you can't help but laugh at him especially his TV morning shows!

Excited to hear he will be back on the Mariner as we have booked for next year again and 'Kantwait' :p

Safe travels to all who will be cruising in the Caribbean this week. I am sure the seas will be a bit rocky! Take care!

We're sailing on the Mariner Feb 24 08. Does anyone know if Graham will be the Cruise Director? We've sailed with him before and really enjoyed having him as a CD. Would love to sail with him again.

:) :)

Archived