Help Please!! Sabatini's or Sterling Steakhouse

Alaskabride

I will be getting married onboard the Golden Princess on Sunday September 9th. The evening of our wedding we would like to eat at one of the specialty restuarants onboard. For all of those that have cruised with Princess which restaurant would you choose Sabatini's or the Sterling Steakhouse.

If you would like to enjoy a very long dinner with your party, then Sabatinis would be the place, up to 3 hours plus. But if you would like a nice dinner, but be able to go about the ship and maybe visit a few of the entertainment venues onboard that evening, then I would suggest Sterlings.

I think Sabatinis would be a much more memorable and appropriate dinner after your wedding. It's a slow paced casual and social way to spend the evening, dining, and conversing with all of your guests. The first few courses are appetizers, so it's similar to a reception where everyone would be standing and milling about with staff serving appetizers on trays in the crowd. The difference here is that you'll already be comfortably seated and the service will be more personalized.

I think Sabatinis would be a much more memorable and appropriate dinner after your wedding. It's a slow paced casual and social way to spend the evening, dining, and conversing with all of your guests. The first few courses are appetizers, so it's similar to a reception where everyone would be standing and milling about with staff serving appetizers on trays in the crowd. The difference here is that you'll already be comfortably seated and the service will be more personalized.

Yeah, I have to agree with this, and the other comments in favor of Sabatinis. Sterling's is very fine, and we'll definitely go again on our next cruise (ahem -- 15 days and counting), but in all honesty it's not really different from any steakhouse you would find near your home on land. If you're big meat and 'taters people (and I have to admit, I love 'em), and if -- as someone above mentioned -- you don't like seafood, then perhaps Sterlings would be the best choice.

But, in my opinion, if you're looking for a truly unique and memorable experience, where you'll be pampered and where you have the opportunity to draw the evening out over food and drink and conversation -- not to mention sampling some truly amazing food -- the Sabatini's is definitely the place.

Whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful evening.

And, cCongratulations on your upcoming nuptials. :D

Does anyone know if there are window seats for six at Sabatinis on the Crown???, and if dinner lasts for 3 hours, can you book at 8:30 pm and stay till 11:30?

PS For your special wedding meal, you have to do Sab,s, unless you must HAVE STEAK, Congrads!!

Archived