Destiny moves to Miami

Cruising89143

http://www.cruise-community.com/ShowStory.asp?ID=12462

Part of the article.

Carnival Cruise Lines will expand its short cruise offerings from Miami with the 2,052-passenger Carnival Imagination and the 2,642-passenger Carnival Destiny operating new itineraries beginning in the fall next year.

Imagination moving to the three and four day runs and the Destiny is taking the Imaginations place.

Guess the next question will be which ship takes the Destiny's place in San Juan. My bet is the Triumph or Victory.

That is interesting, have you by chance heard anything about the Spirit moving when Splender takes its spot next year

I don't know if you are thinking of another ship, but the Splendor is sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale when it's done with Europe.

Pride moving to do the Spirits run but have no idea whats happening to the Spirit, everyones hoping for a full transit of the canal

Well, considering that there's going to be a shuffle on the east coast that will be announced here in the next few days/couple weeks...... that is definitely a possibility. :)

Pride moving to do the Spirits run but have no idea whats happening to the Spirit, everyones hoping for a full transit of the canal

Rumor is it will head to New Orleans... it would make sense to have the Triumph replace the Destiny and the Spirit head to NOLA... Both ships are rumored to go to NOLA, so it could be vice versa

Rumor is it will head to New Orleans... it would make sense to have the Triumph replace the Destiny and the Spirit head to NOLA... Both ships are rumored to go to NOLA, so it could be vice versa

The Triumph will not be replacing the Destiny......

However, you didn't hear that from me. :)

Well, considering that there's going to be a shuffle on the east coast that will be announced here in the next few days/couple weeks...... that is definitely a possibility. :)

Please tell me Norfolk might get a ship more than twice a year ;) :D ?

I don't care where she ends up I just want to do the canal in a Spirit class:D Have my cabin picked and told my PVP to call the minute she heard anything:D

So what are they doing with the Triumph? There is no schedule out there after mid-October 2008. I have been wondering for a couple of weeks why the Triumph is not on a schedule anywhere - when all the other ships that are moving are still scheduled.

Okay, tell us what you know (but considering your Splendor faux-pas, I'm not putting 100% stock in it :p) The original news was that the Triumph would be going to New Orleans... somewhere around October 2008. I really hope that does happen.

Okay, tell us what you know (but considering your Splendor faux-pas, I'm not putting 100% stock in it :p) The original news was that the Triumph would be going to New Orleans... somewhere around October 2008. I really hope that does happen.

Let's just say my job doesn't involve me selling much, so I don't always pay attention to what a ship will be doing a year and a half from now. :)

I would also assume this will in preparation for the Holiday & Selebration being sold also so fantasy class ships can be moved to Mobile and Jacksonville.

Since we are getting the Fascination in Jacksonville next Fall it looks like the Destiny is helping to fill her spot in Miami. So long Celebration! :)

Since we are getting the Fascination in Jacksonville next Fall it looks like the Destiny is helping to fill her spot in Miami. So long Celebration! :)

Looks like I will have to book one more Celebration cruise to say good bye. :D

Now about the Triumph. I checked again and there are no Triumph cruises scheduled from mid-October 2008 thru the end of the year. Enquiring minds want to know.....;)

Looks like I will have to book one more Celebration cruise to say good bye. :D

Now about the Triumph. I checked again and there are no Triumph cruises scheduled from mid-October 2008 thru the end of the year. Enquiring minds want to know.....;)

I really think she will move to NOLA... considering they were actually BOOKING cruises on the Triumph out of NOLA until not too long ago, before they decided to hold off for a while. They are going to have to move something there before too long, and there had to be a reason they initially chose the Triumph, so that is my guess...

Here is the press release from Carnival Cruise Lines.

Carnival Cruise Lines will expand its short cruise offerings from Miami with the 2,052-passenger Carnival Imagination and 2,642-passenger Carnival Destiny operating new itineraries beginning next fall.

The 70,000-ton Carnival Imagination - which will become the first Carnival ship to be completely remodeled under the line's "Evolutions of Fun" enhancement program this fall - will sail on year-round three- and four-day cruises from Miami beginning Sept. 22, 2008.

Additionally, the Carnival Destiny will be the industry's only 100,000- plus-ton-cruise ship to offer year-round four- and five-day cruises when it launches this program from Miami Sept. 27, 2008. This 101,000-ton "Fun Ship" will offer a one-of-a-kind vacation experience that will include four-day weekend cruises and five-day trips to exciting destinations. Plus, the Carnival Destiny will offer a wide selection of affordable balcony staterooms -- a feature not widely available on other ships in the short cruise market.

These new deployments represent the latest enhancements to Carnival's highly popular three- to five-day cruise programs which comprise roughly half of the line's departures. Carnival is the industry leader in three- to five- day vacations, with 25 different itineraries departing from 10 different U.S. homeports.

"With an unmatched combination of convenience, value and affordability - and more departure points than ever before - our three- to five-day cruises continue to be in high demand," said Vicki Freed, Carnival's senior vice president of sales and marketing. "'Fun Ship' cruising is all about choice and Carnival Destiny and Carnival Imagination - each of which offers unique on- board facilities and features - provides today's busy consumers with exciting new cruise getaways on two popular Miami-based cruise programs," she added.

Carnival Imagination's New Itinerary, 'Evolutions of Fun' Upgrades

Carnival Imagination's new program begins Sept. 22, 2008, and encompasses three-day cruises departing Fridays and overnighting in Nassau, The Bahamas, and four-day cruises departing Mondays and calling at Key West and Cozumel, Mexico.

In addition to a variety of all-inclusive dining, entertainment and activity options, Carnival Imagination will undergo an extensive renovation this fall, with the addition of the new Carnival WaterWorks aqua park featuring a massive 300-foot-long cascading waterslide and double-lane racing waterslide, along with a redesigned resort-style pool area and a new Serenity adults-only deck area.

Carnival Imagination's "extreme makeover" will also include fully remodeled staterooms and suites including new bathrooms, flat-screen televisions in staterooms and select public areas, an atrium lobby bar, updated sound and lighting systems in various lounges and clubs, coffee bar, nine-hole miniature golf course, new art and photo galleries, New York-style deli in the Lido restaurant and purpose-built conference facilities.

These upgrades are part of Carnival's $250 million "Evolutions of Fun" program, cruising's most ambitious ship refurbishment and product enhancement initiative that is resulting in a dramatic transformation of Carnival's eight Fantasy-class vessels.

Carnival Destiny's New Four- and Five-Day Program

On its new four- and five-day schedule beginning Sept. 27, 2008, the 101,353-ton Carnival Destiny will depart Thursdays on four-day "long weekend" cruises to Key West, Fla., and Cozumel, Mexico. Five-day cruises departing Mondays visit Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos Islands, the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay and Nassau, The Bahamas. Five-day cruises departing Saturdays visit George Town, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Carnival Destiny will also offer a special one-time six-day cruise from Miami on Sept. 21, 2008, calling at Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios.

Carnival Destiny will feature four swimming pools, Carnival's signature "Twister Waterslide," a duty-free shopping mall, a 15,000-square-foot health club, and 18 lounges and bars, including a three-deck-high theater showcasing lavish revues. Expansive facilities and activities for children and teens -- part of the line's "Camp Carnival" and "Club O2" programs, respectively -- along with a variety of dining options, including two formal restaurants, a casual poolside eatery featuring a 24-hour pizzeria, a patisserie and complimentary 24-hour stateroom service, are also available.

I'm still waiting to see what they are doing with our B2B CC group cruise... I'm guessing we'll be on the Destiny now :( Oh well... Will just have to book a Fantasy class at some point to see the changes...

It will be interesting to see what they do with the pricing that you had locked. All new categories due to the Destiny having so many balcony cabins.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the pricing that you had locked. All new categories due to the Destiny having so many balcony cabins.

I know... it will be very interesting. It's obvious that the Destiny is taking over both itins we have booked... but thankfully, we have plenty of notice. And maybe they will give us another $25pp deposit period because I think the Destiny will attract others, since they do have balconies... could be a win/win depending on price.

Archived