Destiny moves to Miami

Cruising89143

Want give us your idea on the Spirit in 2009:)

To be honest, I don't deal with itineraries much, so being on this site has really got my brain working. I know on the norm, Miami has 3 7 day ships, except for summer, when one of them is in NY. So it's fairly possible that the Spirit could be coming to Miami for a 7 day, and then the Triumph would possibly move to New Orleans.

This is all speculation, of course. To be honest, ive been checking up on itineraries more today than I have in the past 6 months or so. :)

To be honest, I don't deal with itineraries much, so being on this site has really got my brain working. I know on the norm, Miami has 3 7 day ships, except for summer, when one of them is in NY. So it's fairly possible that the Spirit could be coming to Miami for a 7 day, and then the Triumph would possibly move to New Orleans.

This is all speculation, of course. To be honest, ive been checking up on itineraries more today than I have in the past 6 months or so. :)

No problem, thanks for answering though. Do you think this is all going to be settled soon

Another hit or miss ship when it comes to reviews. I would love to see Carnival put a ship on the Southern Caribbean itinerary that is consistent with the good reviews! :)

Personally, I wish they would come back with the old itineraries they used to do. Two ships in San Juan was nice, with the one doing a different port every day, and then the Destiny doing the Dutch Treat/European Delight itineraries.

Of course, I still like what the Destiny is doing now. :)

Just got off the phone with group reservations because I was canceling a group cruise I had in may on the Glory ,so I asked about this Destiny deal. What the man said was that it was going to happen, but will not be offcial until this Wed.

Another hit or miss ship when it comes to reviews. I would love to see Carnival put a ship on the Southern Caribbean itinerary that is consistent with the good reviews! :)

Victory is only hit and miss when it is sailing out of New York.

quote=big_duck;11304312]Given their bad reviews, maybe nothing.

I actually considered that possibility. I was one of those bad reviews.:D But nothing that they couldn't correct easily enough - more staff and management problems than the ship itself.

quote=big_duck;11304312]Given their bad reviews, maybe nothing.

I actually considered that possibility. I was one of those bad reviews.:D But nothing that they couldn't correct easily enough - more staff and management problems than the ship itself.

Personally, I think it is a morale problem. I bet if they did a poll it would be the least favorite itinerary amongst staff.

There was definitely a morale issue onboard and that was before they even made it to NY. Usually, that's the sign of a not so great hotel manager (at least my experience from years ago when I worked in land-based hotels.) I thought it was just because the tips were prepaid on a CTN and they didn't care but then the reviews didn't get much better from NY until recently.

I hope there's something - just today we booked a 9A wrap:D for next August!

I don't think the Destiny moves until September so you might be ok! Seems like the Victory would need to go into drydock before going to San Juan, though.

They pulled 7-night trips out because reservations were not doing well..

The Fantasy is not even sailing full...

I think part of the problem is the itnerarys...

Mobile...Holiday goes to Cozumel and Calica

NOLA...Fantasy goes to Cozumel and Costa Maya

Galveston...Conquest goes to Cozumel, Jamaica, and Cayman

A little variety might help spice things up.

But, an increase in reservations for NOLA Fantasy would help too.

Until that happens...I dont expect to see a second ship back for a while.

I'm hoping a ship will still be cruising from NY to Canada. We ended up cancelling our cruise on the Victory for this summer, so we could go on the Glory, and we're hoping to possibly try this one next year instead. A friend of mine took this cruise in June, and had nothing but good things to say. The cruise to Canada, is a great option for those of us that live in the Northeast. :)

I don't think the Destiny moves until September so you might be ok! Seems like the Victory would need to go into drydock before going to San Juan, though.

I think she's scheduled for drydock this October, before she starts the Miami itineraries again. I'm figuring (hoping) they'll move her to San Juan after the Canada runs are finished next year.

I think she's scheduled for drydock this October, before she starts the Miami itineraries again. I'm figuring (hoping) they'll move her to San Juan after the Canada runs are finished next year.

That would make the most sense with Destiny not moving until September. The Canada runs seem to be pretty popular so I don't really see them doing away with them but you never know. I figure whichever ship replaces Victory is what Norfolk will get since they do those during the repo to NY - unless I get my wish and a ship there for at least a few months a year with some good itineraries!:D

I figure whichever ship replaces Victory is what Norfolk will get since they do those during the repo to NY - unless I get my wish and a ship there for at least a few months a year with some good itineraries!:D

My BIL in Fairfax County would agree 100% with your wish!

Archived