Jamaica to build new Genesis cruise facility in Falmouth

DW and I have been to Jamaica a few times ( cruise and land based ) and we no longer really care for Jamaica, plus the Genesis is going to be too big. Ive read plenty about the Freedom and Liberty having too many people on them and its too crowded in the Windjammer...etc I think we will stick to the other class ships instead.

Falmouth would be a great location! Nice town and a gateway to the interior of Jamaica. Should open up a lot of alternatives for excursions, site seeing etc. Looks like Jamaica is serious about the cruise business if they are willing to drop this kind of cash on facilities etc.

Falmouth would be a great location! Nice town and a gateway to the interior of Jamaica. Should open up a lot of alternatives for excursions, site seeing etc. Looks like Jamaica is serious about the cruise business if they are willing to drop this kind of cash on facilities etc.

I agree. Cruise lines are going to have to continue to look for more ports of call to handle all of the new ships currently under construction. I have no problem at all with Jamaica and I plan to cruise on the Genesis.:)

DW and I have been to Jamaica a few times ( cruise and land based ) and we no longer really care for Jamaica, plus the Genesis is going to be too big. Ive read plenty about the Freedom and Liberty having too many people on them and its too crowded in the Windjammer...etc I think we will stick to the other class ships instead.

we sailed liberty recently and although we worried we might be falling over people we never did, the ship is so big that you never feel too crowded

as for the windjammer, we usually found tables no problem, except when we got up late one morning and so had everyone else!

regarding genesis, I don;t think I'd be tempted, but that's because you are buping up passenger numbers considerably, plus, any outbreak of the norovirus on board would be hard to contain with so many people

I'm sure we'll go on the Genesis!!! We started with the voyager class, now coming up is the freedom class, so it only seems right that Genesis would be next!!:D

I started with the Soverign Class (Monarch), then the Vision Class (Enchantment), then for some reason I skipped the Radiance Class, and went to the Voyager Class (Explorer, Navigator, Mariner), and now the Freedom Class (Freedom). Now I will have to try the Genesis Class. Also, I am thinking about trying the Radiance Class, but I'm afraid I will miss the Royal Promenade, ice rink, and huge dining room.

I started with the Soverign Class (Monarch), then the Vision Class (Enchantment), then for some reason I skipped the Radiance Class, and went to the Voyager Class (Explorer, Navigator, Mariner), and now the Freedom Class (Freedom). Now I will have to try the Genesis Class. Also, I am thinking about trying the Radiance Class, but I'm afraid I will miss the Royal Promenade, ice rink, and huge dining room.

Cot427, your cruise experience parallels ours. We first did the Monarch, then Enchantment, Explorer, Grandeur, Voyager, Adventure, and Rhapsody twice. Now comes the Freedom with you, then we are back to the Voyager next March out of Galveston.

We, too, need to try some of the Radiance class ships.

Hypo

Great news! We get a new ship class complete with a new cruise port, very happy to see this. I was a little concerned Genesis would start off with the same ports as Freedom and Liberty now. Glad to see some of the Islands and cruise lines are looking to give us something new instead is continually adding more ships in the ports that are already there. At our stop in St Thomas last January, there were seven ships in port... it was a little crowded.

Some new ports to visit in the Carib is overdue, hope there's more to come!

Archived