Port Everglades Budget Rental Cars

Has anyone every returned a car to the budget rental place right at the port? They say they have a shuttle to the ship, but if it is at the port wouldn't you be near the ship or is it far from the car place? Has anyone done this and use the shuttle service? How long does it take to get from budget to the ship. Thanks for any help.

Budget is very convenient. You pick car up right across from the airport luggage area. The drop off in Port Canaveral is not by any means near the ship. You do need the shuttle. We stayed at a hotel (it slips my mind maybe Radisson) that was about 2 blocks from Budget. We dropped of car and took hotel shuttle. Either way the shuttle is just a short trip but not close enough not to take it.

Has anyone every returned a car to the budget rental place right at the port? They say they have a shuttle to the ship, but if it is at the port wouldn't you be near the ship or is it far from the car place? Has anyone done this and use the shuttle service? How long does it take to get from budget to the ship. Thanks for any help.

Yes we did, return our car near the Port....(outside the main entrance to The Port)-I think it was Thrifty. It was easy-once we found it....then took a shuttle to the Port-not far at all-but I would not recommend walking-too confusing.The shuttle gets you where you really need to be-without any hassles.Only takes maybe 10 mins or so..... Good Luck!!!

There is a Budget on 17th Street (next to Renaissance Hotel) They do provide shuttle service.....it took probably 2 minutes.

Darn, I was being sarcastic with my answer and I hit something, so my post poofed. Yes people have taken budget from Orlando to Pt Canaveral.

I know that's not all you wanted to know though. Please go to the Eastcoast departures and look for a thread I live in Pt Canaveral. It is many, close to 100 pages long, but has any/every question you could think of regarding flying into Orlando and going to Pt Canaveral. Ok, I know you don't want to read thru all that, so there is another thread, the best of I work in Port Canaveral. At least read thru that and you will get tons of info.

Enjoy your cruise.

I've taken Budget from SFB (Sanford, FL the other side of Orlando) to Pt. Everglades Quay Shopping Center office (the Budget code for the office is EV3). The flights that I got to Sanford were so inexpensive to more than make up for the rental, gas and time driving down to Fort Lauderdale. The shuttle had us on the ship in less than 10 minutes. Now on the flip side, we were off the ship quickly, but on Sunday, there were so many people that it took about 45 minutes to flag down the shuttle to get back to the office. I would strongly recommend Budget.

Archived