Cartagena - Pierino Gallo

cp556

Hi All--

Anyone know how far the shopping center Pierino Gallo is from the cruise ship dock in Cartagena?

I'm thinking I might want to stay a little longer than the shore excursion, and DH is concerned about getting back to the ship on our own.

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Carol in SC

I will try to help you the best that I can with this question.

Pierino Gallo is located in Laguito section of Cartagena, this is where the Hilton and Caribe hotels are located. I own a condo right across the street from this shopping plaza.

This shopping center has a couple of good jewlery stores and a good leather shop. You will be far from the cruise ship terminal and will not be able to walk back so you will need to take a taxi back if your tour bus will not wait for you.

I have never taken a taxi to the port from this location, but a taxi from here to the old city is approx 5,000 pesos/ $2.50 USD

To hire a taxi for an hour is 17,000 pesos/ $8.50 USD

The cruise ship terminal is a little further drive past the old city, so I am guessing that the taxi will probably cost approx 10,000 to 12,000 pesos which is approx $5-6 USD

You will have to pay the cab fare in Colombian pesos as they take no other currency.

Hope that helps, an have a great visit to my other home.

I really appreciate the information. We had NO idea how far Pierino Gallo would be from the cruise ship. Now that we know, I am comfortable taking a taxi back to the ship in case we wish to spend more time shopping.

And I appreciate your advice about Colombian pesos ... thank you!!

We are looking forward to visiting your beautiful country, and thank you again .....

Carol in SC

another helpful tip.

you will get a better exchange rate pulling money out of an ATM machine, then exchanging money at the "cambio" or money exchange centers.

You will be able to use your ATM cards from US banks in Cartagena and the ATM machines will give you an option to work in either english or spanish so you will be able to understand them.

Thanks, Scubarn ...

Any other helpful tips will be greatly appreciated!!

We'll be taking a ship's tour in Cartagena, but also hope to be able to spend a little time on our own.

So ... can you please tell me how to, in Spanish, ask a taxi driver to take us to the cruise ship terminal ??

Thanks again

Carol

Archived