Back from Valor 8/19!!

ElvisLover1

My family and I are back from a week on the Valor and we loved it:p !! We were in cabins 2314, 2316 and 2320 (2 outside and 1 inside). The cabins were very spacious with a nice, big window and a very comfortable bed. Our room steward, Twitchell, was fabulous, our rooms were always clean with fresh towels. We started calling him the phantom room steward as the cabins were always made but we hardly ever saw him! Our dining room waiter and assistant waitress (Lamine and Hanna) were out of this world!! Can't even find the right adjectives to describe them!! After the first night they remembered all of the kids and what they liked to drink and were so friendly and warm. The food in the dining room was very good as well. The buffet food okay. The fish and chips restaurant (open only during the afternoon) was amazing, the boullibasse (spelling?) was to die for. Even my 11 year old son loved it! The ship itself is in great condition, very clean and well kept. We went to the shows every night and enjoyed them all, some more than others. My 11 year old especially enjoyed the kids club and we had to drag him off the ship in St. Marteen! They had lots of different activities for all the age groups. They were a lot of kids on this sailing but the only time I found it bothersome was when they were running down the hallway at night yelling quite loudly:mad: !! Luckily it didn't last to late into the night but where the heck are the parents, some of these kids looked about 5 years old and no grown up with them?? In any case I sure wasn't gonna let that ruin my trip:cool: ! We were on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary and went to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Marteen. St. Marteen was my favorite although I was quite dissapointed with the beach our tour guide brought us to, Orient Beach. I had read wonderful things about that beach on several different web sites but it is way to touristy for me. Elbow to elbow chairs and umbrellas and the beach is lined with huts selling food and souvenirs. I was hoping for something a little more unspoiled, ah well next time! We all had a great time and I would cruise with Carnival again in a heartbeat! Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them!

Thanks for your input on the Valor. DH and myself will be on the ship in April '08. ;) AND, we follow you, (more or less) onto the NCL Jewel. It will be our first time cruising with NCL so, it would be great if you can give us some input on that ship as well. :D

Our 7 year old came to the show with us every night and enjoyed some more than others but he stayed for all of them. Our 11 year old came to some of the shows with us and a couple of nights he was at the kids club and they brought them to the show. They both seemed to really enjoy it, especially the 80's review and the Las Vegas style show. You will all have a great time!:)

Ann -

This will be our first time on Norwegian as well so I'll let you know what we think. From the looks of your countdown clocks it looks like you'll be getting off of the Valor and right on to the Jewel!! Would I be correct to assume you are flying over to the States and then returning to the UK by way of the Jewel? If so I am jealous!! What a wonderful way to travel back!!

Archived