-----Minus5 ICE BAR in OZ - Has anyone been Here???-----

Crown Prince

http://www.minus5experience.com/Page.php?page=1

SURFERS PARADISE, AUSTRALIA: 3084 - 3214, Shop 39, Circle on Cavill, Surfers Paradise, Open: 1 AM to Late Bookings: 61-7-5527-5571

goldcoast@minus5experience.com

$30 AUD: Its Very Cool, Its Very Gold Coast:

The eagerly awaited arrival of Minus 5, a chilly vodka ice lounge built entirely out of ice and preserved at arctic temperatures, arrives on the Gold Coast and is now OPEN!

TONNES of ice has gone into the making of this experience. Everything within the bar is made of ice, from the walls that surround you, the seats you sit on, the amazing sculptures and even the glass that you sip our famous vodka based cocktails from.

A mecca for surfers and renown for their world class beaches, minus5 opens its doors for the first time on the Gold Coast and is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise in the newly established Circle on Cavill. Minus5 Gold Coast boasts the first Ice aquarium in the world, look out for Surfboards, koalas and kangaroos all captured in ice.There is a cost for Admission, this includes our ice gear, 30minutes and our minus5 signature cocktail. What better way to chill out with friends in the heart of the city!

Created in New Zealand, Minus5 is an ice lounge where you can touch, feel, and explore handcrafted ice sculptures. What makes us unique is our ever changing ice sculptures and the lounge is made from 100% pure Canadian Ice.

Minus5 ice guides are specially trained to the highest level that ensures that your visit is safe and enjoyable.

Everything is made of ice the walls, the bar, the sculptures, the seats and even the glasses that you enjoy our famous vodka based cocktails in. Once commencing the tour, guests are kitted out into ice gear which includes sheepskin lined jackets, gloves and booties.

Ready to brave the cold, in sub Antarctic conditions, guests move into 2 chambers before arriving into the Ice lounge. Once inside the lounge, you will notice the room is covered in ice sculptures, our focus here at minus5 is the art of ice-we have our own ice carver who will change the lounge and sculptures every 6-8 weeks. Sculptures can reflect the season, wild animals frozen in ice glare at you once you are in inside. Feel free to explore the lounge with one of our unique Vodka based cocktails served in a custom designed glass made from New Zealand ice. Guests remain in the lounge for 30 minutes some choosing to sit on ice couches covered in deer skin and talk with friends, others choosing to quietly try our other famous cocktails (guests are limited to 3 cocktails in any half hour period). A photographer, skilled in the art of capturing "the moment" roams the lounge. It is one thing to experience something "so cool"; however it is something else to showcase the experience to friends. Printed photos await guests as they complete their tour and guests are given the opportunity to purchase anything from a minus5 pen to a Russkie hat. It’s a great trip for all the family, children have their own ski suits and we offer a kids pack and mocktail (non-alcoholic) drink.

HISTORY: The Minus5 story can be traced back to the end of the 19th century, when intrepid New Zealand explorer and adventurer Buck Rockwell, set out on a daring one-man expedition to circumnavigate the North Pole.

When his icebreaker became trapped in the Arctic pack ice, he was forced to winter over in a remote Russian whaling village with only the local fisherwomen and copious amounts of vodka to warm the long Arctic nights.

In 1908, Buck finally returned to New Zealand, bringing with him and the story of his polar adventures and a taste for pure, ice cold vodka. His legacy has been passed through generations of Rockwells ever since. Until in 2003, his great grandson, Craig hit upon the idea of creating the world's very first sub-zero vodka bar.

You are lucky to have two of the Ice Bars in Oz.

I step off the Sun Princess, into a taxi, & straight to the airport to fly to G.C. for 2 nights. I have my air & hotel already.

My sister will take my Big Luggage to her house and then when I return after only 2 nights at Surfers Paradise, we see the Gondoliers at the SOH and the next day I fly back to LAX.

Sis won't go because she does not like cold.

I'll let you know how I like it in Paradise. ;)

I hope the one on Grand Cayman will be open when our Red Ruby visits there, November 2008 (and hope it is Rebuilt after Dean). :)

Love your Non-Signature Signature. :D

What was that movie - we don't got no stinkin' Badges? :confused:

Yup. It was "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" and line was spoken by Alfonso Bedoya.

The actual quote is "Badges!? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!!"

Archived