the spirit?

bananerz3008

I've only been on Norwegian Jewel before [my 1st cruise]. For anyone who can help me, what are some of the pros and cons about the spirit? or if anyone knows, where can you read reviews about some ships?

Thanks to everyone who can help!!!!!!!!!!!:)

We're taking our 1st cruise aboard the Spirit this fall. I believe the general consensus from reviews here is that having cruised on newer ships will leave you somewhat disappointed in the Spirit being an older ship. I also understand it's an easy ship to navigate and does have very nice Asian decor.

I guess it all boils down to why you cruise. As long as the vessel stays afloat, feeds me well, provides comfortable accommodations and takes me out on the high seas, I'm happy! :D

We're on the Spirit next week - having previously sailed on the Jewel last year.

I think there will be certain things about the Spirit we will prefer and other elements we won't.

I think the food court area on the Jewel sounds better than Raffles but we will have to wait and see.

We just loved freesetyle cruising and I am sure I will have to dragged off the Spirit in tears as I was off the Jewel last year.

:)

We were on the Spirit a few weeks ago. My husband loved the decor of this ship and said he preferred it over the Dawn. I think I liked the decor of the Dawn more. To each his own!

The buffet area was insane at peak times, but that is going to be like that on most ships. We rarely ate at the buffet anyway.

I was disappointed that there was never any music playing on the pool deck. I am used to listening to the steel drums and wonder why that didn't happen on the Spirit. It did rain for a lot of our cruise, but even when the weather was nice, there was no music. I missed that although I am sure for other people that would be a God-send!

I know the Spirit isn't a Huge ship, but it is still large in my opinion. I have been on the Majesty. That is a small ship!

If you want a great place to relax and get some sun go to the 13th deck in the rear of the ship where the heli-pad is. It is quiet back there and a great view!

My husband and I will probably sail the Spirit again, but next time in a balcony and without the kids!

Have a great cruise!

Personally, I loved the Spirit, and would sail aboard here in a New York minute. The Kids area is probably the best NCL has to offer. She's easy to navigate, and the only issue I had was a vibration in the stern of the ship, but that wasn't any big deal. ;)

Archived